Rowland 302 v. Krell 400CX

I currently have a Krell 400CX and am thinking about getting a Rowland 302. I am using Wilson Watt Puppy 7 speakers and Cary 306-200. My musical taste is all over the map. I am wondering if people have experience with the Rowland 302 and possibly with Wilson Watt Puppy speakers and if they think its a better fit than the Krell?

Michael
radioheadokplayer

Showing 2 responses by jfz

Stevecham - The 302 is an entirely different design. Believe me, it has plenty of "electrical control" and dynamics. I'm using it with Rockport Antares, in which the impedance does sometimes dip to 4 ohms. The 302 is the best amp I've ever heard - by far. I simply wanted ,to add these comments, because I don't think one can fairly compare these two amps,using parameters such as power into low impedances, weight, etc.
Stevecham: Rowland Model 10, Pass Labs X-150 & X-350, Sierra Denali, Symfonia Opus 10, Parasound JC-1s, Gryphon mono amps (sorry, I don't remember the model designation), Mark Levinson 334 & 336.

I'd like to also clear something up: I did not say the 302 was the "best". I said it was the best amp that *I* had ever heard. There is, obviously, a big difference in the two statements. So, no, I don't agree with your characterization - I abhor "best" and "worst" when used as generalized absolutes as well.