Rotel RSX 1065 vs. Yamaha RX-V2400

Hi -- I am beginning to build as good an AV system as I can afford to give my family. The Speakers will be Energy Veritas 2.4's up front with Veritas Center and Rears -- Probably a 12" Energy Sub. For space and financial reasons, I think I will be going with an integrated receiver. The Rotel RSX 1055 and 1065 were recommended to me and I believe they are due for upgrade this month -- allowing for possible used purchase. The Yamaha RX-V2400 also came highly recommended even though it costs less. The family room is 24' X 28' if this matters much. It has been many years since I have kept up with audio equipment so all help/opinions will be appreciated. Thanks and Be Well, Dan
paradoxfunccf1
If it fits your budget, go with the Rotel RSX 1065.

Good luck,
What do folks think about instead going with a panny xr45 for a HT setup?
thanks.
Definitely look into the Rotel 1055 or 1065. Energy Veritas and Yamaha are really a bad mix together because the Energy's run a little bright up top and Yamaha also is pretty bright up top and they have exaggerated Dynamic range. Your room is pretty good size so I would recommend the 1065 at 2000.00 or better yet look at the Rotel RSP-1066 preamp and RMB-1075. The seperates run 2500.00 for the pair and they cannot be beat for the price.

Good Luck on your system.