Rotel RSX-1058 Won't Respond to Remote Commands

Have any forum members experienced a situation where your Rotel receiver suddenly stopped responding to remote commands?  I haven't made any changes to my system, set-up or remote (I use a Logitech Harmony One) but my receiver is unresponsive to any and all remote commands.  I haven't been able to find the OEM remote to perform a test but it seems more likely to be a problem with the receiver; it worked perfectly one minute than it just suddenly stopped responding.  Any info on similar experiences is appreciated.
hiatus73

Showing 1 response by dbtom2

I had a similar problem with a remote a few years ago. The bluetooth xmitter on my phone interfered with it.

Another time, a new light bulb in the same room interfered with the signal. The up-volume command would issue but not stop when my finger released the button. Crazy jumps to the volume knob on that one.

Perhaps something else - new - is creating an issue with the remote signal beam. 

(Of course, I have more than once incorrectly installed the batteries in the remote. So there's that.)

Good luck.