Rotel RCD-1070 replacement

I bought it new about 10 years ago, but haven't used it on a regular basis. On several occasions has had problems causing it to skip all over the place during play back (even on new discs). Maybe the problem is due to lack of use? Cost to diagnose will be $40-$150. So my questions...

1. Anyone familiar with it, or have tips on how to fix it?
2. Should I sell it and put the money toward another CDP?
3. Anyone know the value or want to buy it in this condition?
peterman1983

Showing 1 response by pdn

I completely agree with Elizabeth. If it's skipping CDs intermittently, it's probably time for a new unit. You got your money's worth and now it's time to move on. Advances in CD players have been significant just in the past 5 years or so. I have the Rotel RCD-1072 and it's excellent. Great reviews. It's now been discontinued by Rotel and replaced by their new RCD-1520 with a list price of about $900.00 or in that area with a front loading slide in CD transport instead of a drawer. There seems to always be a few RCD-1072s for sale on Audiogon in the $400.00 area. New $700.00. But you have so many other brands and models to choose from. It can be overwhelming. Much comes down to what your budget is for a new unit. How much do you want to spend?