Rotel RB-980BX

I will be the proud owner of a set of B&W 702 S2 speakers expected to arrive in 2 weeks. My question is: Will my Rotel RB-980BX at 120 wpc, be enough. I’ve been told that 250-300 wpc would be ideal to get the most out of them but just wondering if I’ll get good performance out of the 120 wpc. The B&W specs state that 30-300 wpc is required ( not very helpful)
I would appreciate a response, especially from someone running the 702s with that kind of power.
128x128jeff_bellew
Congratulations, Jeff, the 702 S2s are fantastic speakers. I do wish I had a pair.  Your Rotel is a fine amplifier. Well made with a good power supply. 
You should get a good taste of what the 702s are capable of and enjoy them when the RB-980BX is played within its limits.

I believe down the road you may want to try more power with the 702s, especially if you have a large room and/or like to play music at higher volumes, say 80dB peaks and above.

I use an amp putting out 350watts a/b into 8ohms on my B&W 683s2s and the jump in dynamics, soundstage and tone/timbre is very apparent compared to when I was using a 50watt a/b amp or a 200watt class-d amp.

Again, congratulations and enjoy your new speakers.

Cheers,

Scott