Rotel Rb 1090 or Rb 1092

I currently use a Rotel rc-1090 pre amp and Anthem MCA 2 200wpc Amp with Paradigm Studio 100v3 speakers. I am looking to upgrade my AMP because 200wpc just is not cutting it in the lower end with these speakers. My question is will a Rotel RB-1090 or a Rotel RB-1092 class D be a better chioce. I have gotten two different opinions from dealers. I listen to mostly 70's and 80's rock and am looking for better kick in the bass area. I see a few used in both for sale but looking for some of your opinions to help with my dilema.
mad320

Showing 1 response by bizango1

I loved my RB-1090 enough to buy one a second time after selling my first one. I had been down the "upgrade path" and back after owning a couple of other highly respected expensive amps. Low end? Not a problem for this amp-it has a full sound from the bottom up. 380WPC @8 ohms plus low impedance capability doesn't hurt either. Really good for power hungry speakers like the PSB Stratus Goldi's & Revels I used it with for a long time and would probably be great with your Paradigms. Likes a big room. Haven't heard the RB-1092 for comparison.