Rotel RB-1080 and Sonus Faber GP?

Hi,
Has anyone tried this combo?
Any suggestion for amp to drive this speakers is welcome,tkanks,
dixi
dixi

Showing 2 responses by dixi

Hi Ryder,
I read your post about Plinius and I notice you are verry happy with Plinius SA-100MK III.Right now I use a rotel amp rmb 1075,5 channel*120 watts each.Have to recognize the amp can not drive the SF GP properly,the front speakers need more juice,so I'm thinging to buy a rotel amp 2 channel 200 watts each channel for fronts.Rotel in my opinion are good amp for the money,but sure not the best,anyway I think it's hard to find the same quality for the money.But the first reason I want to buy the same brand ,it's I'm afraid if I buy different brand, when I listen in DD, DTS or dvd audio,I'll get different sound,this scenario is for HT(5 or more channel).It is true 80 % I listen in stereo,but I'm afraid the result will be not ok if I have different amps brands.Maybe you have more experience wiht this.So I want to built a system, stereo and also Ht(2 channel+5 channel)I,m temp to try Plinius but I dont now anybody here in Seattle to own this brand.Any sugestion will be welcome,thanks,
dixi
PS. my main concern is how it's working 2 different amp brands?Will be easy if i can listen,but have to buy used...
thanks guys for your input.i bought Primare A/30.2 to drive SF and is working great.I also bought Primare stereo preamp and all make a great match and sound wonderful.Verry happy with this combination.Even Primare amp are just 120 watts per channel is much powerfull then Rotel 1080(200 watts),drive my SF very easy and has a lot of reserve.I use Rotel for 3 weeks and I wasn't happy with the result.Rotel is a great amp but is not ok with SF.Just my personal opinion.
Happy Thanksgiving...