Rotel RA-1592 vs Paraound Halo or better (anyone heard both?)

I have been using an Adcom GFA-555ii amp, Adcom preamp and Marantz cd player through Aerial 5 speakers for the last 20 years. The amp has begun to produce a low hum in the right channel audible during quieter passages (vocals), and I want to replace it with an Integrated. I know I can get the amp serviced but I thought it was time for something new - solid state only.

The room is small and I sit 5-6 feet from the speakers.

What I like about my current setup is that I was able to boost the bass with tone controls. I also liked the sound of the Adcom gear but never heard anything else. The sound is warm (due to the Aerials) and the bass impact is clean and strong (due to the 555ii). I also liked having a headphone jack.

I have the Adcom 3 channel surround processer (GSP-560) connected to the preamp for TV watching.

I like the  Rotel RA-1592 ($2,500) because of its connectivity options (Bluetooth, wifi)  and good reviews by CNET and The Absolute Sound, but some  users say there are better sounding integrateds for the money. Whathifi trashed the RA-1572. The Halo has good reviews everywhere.

A friend told me there was an Ayre ax-7e for sale (5 yrs old) here, for $2000 but I wonder if its 'too much amp' for my system and will magnify the shortcomings of the other equipment I have. It also has few inputs, no headphone jack and I don't know if I can connect banana plugs or the 3 channel amp to it.

Ive read good things about the Parasound Halo which also has lots of inputs and a headphone jack.

The key for me is that it sounds at LEAST as good as the adcom gear - especially non fatiguing and NOT bright (I'm particular sensitive to bright vocals).

Sorry for the long post.

Any ideas?

epz
I'll second initforthemusic's recommendation of the Vincent 237. I've owned one for several months and been very happy with it.
Guttenberg raved about the RA-1592. Besides the few reviews on it...haven't seen much said about it by users. Anywhere for you to hear the 2 amps in person?
Thanks for the suggestion.
How often do you have to replace those tubes?

I dont know of any store that has both units. I think i can find one that has the Rotel, but who knows what source and speakers they are connected to.
since they're pre-amp tubes they should last a number of years. I recently purchased a couple of spare 1960's NOS Novosibirsk 6N1P-EV tubes off of eBay. I have a good stock of NOS 12ax7 tubes that I've been buying over the years for another tube amp I just sold. There are good new production 12 AX7's to choose from as well. I like to tube roll that's a bonus for me in owning the amp. The Vincent is a great amp sad that it doesn't get as much press as others. 
Both the Rotel and Parasound are very good pieces. If you want a more basic integrated and don’t need a built in DAC, phono preamp and etc. might want to check out the Cambridge 851A, which has tone controls as you mentioned. It will drive your Aerials just fine. It’s a bit less money but a great piece very well built. Any of these pieces are going to make your Aerials sing better than the Adcoms. I think you’ll be happy either way. Best to audition if you can or buy from a store that will let you return if not satisfied.
I had the ROTEL rc 1590 a few days at home. Very complete pre amp: bluetooth, wifi, phono... but the sound lacked puch, compared to my previous and cheaper pre amp! not dynamic enough. A drummer hitting his toms stongly didn't sound like it any more, it was more a" slight touch" let's say. I brought it back to the shop and came back with a Classé cp 800. The sound was good and punchy, but reliability problems!

I would go with Hegel H160 for clearer sound, otherwise Parasound Halo. With the Halo you'll be tempted to use the Treble and Bass Tune to get clearer sound, not sure whether this extra stage of circuitry for signal processing makes overall sound quality worse/better.

If you plan on using digital in or dac often, I would go with Parasound over Rotel (get the amp with the best DAC) and upgrade the fuse to Synergistic Research Blue Fuse. In any case, If the differences are marginal I suggest saving your money on the amplifier and getting the best possible cables/line conditioner/fuse/etc.
Great suggestions, thank you.
ive been asked if I plan to use digital, dac, Bluetooth, wifi...truth is I don’t know. I never had them before but it would seem prudent to ’future proof’ an amp I hope to have for a very long time. I currently plug my iPads 3.5mm wire into the Adcom RCA inputs to play Pandora or the tv through the system.

i dont ever plan on playing records so I don't need a phono stage.