Rotel 1572 no sound until volume is cranked to 40 percent

Hi
I have a Rotel Ra 1572 that was a demo from a dealer thats on loan to try out.
There is no sound until it is turned up to about 40 percent and it goes to 95 percent max. Is that normal?
Thanks

donarlo
Possibly. It depends on the sensitivity of your speakers. My wife and I have three systems and none of them make any sound until the volume is turned up. The bedroom system has the least-powerful amp. Its volume control goes to 99. It makes no sound until it reads 50. 
Coincidence enough, I'm in the exact same situation. I just got a demo RA 1572 from my dealer that he said it's only 4 months old and less than 100 hours played. 

I'm really intrigued why I need to crank up to 60 to be able to start having some fun, I mean below 45 there's just a whisper of sound. Trying to find any thread on google I found out yours. 

Did you get any feedback from your dealer about it? I'm calling mine tomorrow 
Yes, the dealer said it was normal.
Im using it with a pair of Vandersteen 1c's and streaming with a Blue Sound  node 2i and it sounds Fantastic!!
How much did you pay for yours if I may ask?
Same here, running the Node2i really sounds great.

Are you using Rotel’s DAC or the Node’s DAC? I think it’s sound better with Rotel’s DAC, bigger and vivid sound.

The full price was 1699 euros, he gave me a 270 euros discount but it’s virtually brand new. What about you?