Rotel 1066 and B&K ref.30 anf Anthem

Am trying to naildown which of these Pre-Amps might be better or more advanced than the other!

Any opinions would be helpful.Either would be suitable in my system as far as synergy is concerned I believe.Anthem is the only I might have reservations about as far as synergy. Amps are B&K!
nearsota

Showing 1 response by bundy

I have a Ref 30 and have been very pleased with it. To me its best feature is that it senses signal presence and changes output accordingly. For example. I use my DVD/CD player for both movie (7-channel) and music (2-channel). It is connected by a single digital coax cable. It automatically switches off the surround channels when a CD is played and goes back when a DVD is played. Simple.

The room correction circuitry is also very nice and with the help of a SPL meter, can really tame a room's resonances.

Of course the unit sounds good too or all of this would be unimportant.

I think the switching problem others have mentioned is not a problem, the unit just "clicks" when it turns on and shuts off channels.

My only complaint is that B&K has been slow to roll-out software upgrades like Pro Logic II. They claim it will not be long but no date has been set.