Roon drops signal

I have been using Roon via a SGC optic transporter and Bricasti M5 streamer feeding a Rockna Wavelight DAC.  Periodically at the completion of an album the signal is dropped and I have to stop and restart the DAC to continue the music.  I reached out to SGC and was told it was likely a networking issue related to Roon.  The really interesting thing is it seems to be specific to certain albums ( ie always occurs at the end of a given album ).  Has anyone encountered a similar drop off?  And more importantly has anyone figured out how to fix this?

mpomerantz

Not much, unless you are really into computers and networking .

Their customer support is abysmal; both for hardware and software.

@troidelover1499 if you start a thread detailing your connection setup, perhaps we can figure it out.

Yes, networking issues are very frustrating, but they aren't unique to Roon or the Nucleus. As an example, my Netgear managed switch was slowing down my streams. Replacing with a $20 unmanaged TP Link switch solved my issue. Also, I had far more trouble with dlna apps than with a ntworked Roon Core, etc. Cheers,

Spencer

My network Arris Surfboard SB8200 router.  Our internet uses Plume Pods.  I run a 12 dollar unmanaged TP internet switch to the router and the Bricasti Network Bridge and the SGC sonictransporter, are connected to the TP switch.  Previously we had an Arris Modem/Router ( slower internet ) and both the SGC and the Bricasti were both directly wired to the Arris; same results.  The drop outs really began with the replacement of my old Roon Nucleus with the sonic transporter.  That seems to be the change that began the issue.  Andrew Gillis does not think it has anything to do with the SGC,; eventhough the onset of the issue would seem to suggest otherwise.  I appreciate any help you can come up with.  Thus far I have rebooted the sonic transporter several times, adjust the sync delay as suggested on the Roon website; both to no avail.