Room Treatment

I have been going back and forth regarding room treatment. Two weeks ago I tried ASC 16" round tube traps in the front corner...the results were minimum. Considering I don't have any room treatment I expected more! Now I'm trying to figure out if my room needs room treatment...20' x 24', carpeted, 8' ceilings. I played several songs and walked around my room and noticed excess bass in the front left corner. Looking for some advice regarding room treatment.
ricred1

Showing 1 response by buconero117

As with most people who go down the room treatment road, they neglect the ceiling. Often because there may be lighting that cannot be blocked. However if that is not the case, some treatment can be very effective and not very expensive. I have seen simple 'wave' canopies used to great effect. For some ideas, check out the Armstrong acoustical product site, they give a view of what might be possible. Another treatment approach is the use of grid ceilings with drop in panels of all kinds, wood scatter and slot patterns working the best. Some of the companies that market these are still in business. Last thought, in most new concert halls they have adopted a deflector ceiling approach which really improves the overall acoustics of the hall. So, take a clue from that. 'Tuning' the room will provide endless rewards, more so then changing equipment.