Room size for B & W Nautilus 802

I am looking to upgrade from Revel F-30s to B and W 802s. I think from my listening experience it is a better speaker for female vocalists that I listen to all the time. The room I want to put it in is 16 feet wide by 40 feet long. I am wondering if the size of the room that I am putting the speakers in may be too small? Please let me know from your experience with this speaker.
bryanhod

Showing 2 responses by audiobugged

Well I have seen them listed on here in rooms as small as 10'x10', which I feel you have to go outside the room to change your mind. My listening room is 34' x 16' & I was running B&W N803's w/ 2 Rel Strata III driven w/ Bryston 7B-ST's. I wanted a pair of N802's, yet I really wanted something Full Range 20-20,000 so I could loose the subs. I finally settled on a pair of Talon Khorus's, using the same amps. When Jacintha's "Danny Boy" track 3 off Here's to Ben Webster JVC Xrcd is played there is incredible depth. As a 16 year Bower's & Wilkins junkie, the N802's will be the proper size for your room. B&W's need juice to move them, for solid state I would look to the Canadian Mfgr's. Bryston & Classe. A 14B-st, 7B-st's, or Cam-350, Ca-400/401 will open them up wonderfully. Good Luck
I.M.O. - would sound better if you Bi-amp w/ 2 4B-St's, then bridging them into 700 wpc monos.