Room Issues

I have a large narrow long room now. Approximatl3x30. The room has floor to ceiling windows on one side (running down the 30') hardwood floors and vaulted ceilings. Obviously, the room is not the best, alot of echo. My goal is to build a stand alone dedicated room but that won't be for a while. I have major WAF factors as well. I am told I can't build the room until we finish our remodel. I could move the system to another room, while not a dedicated room because I will have to share it with a desk, I may have some options. My current system is as follows:

Audio Research LS25
Audio Research VT100MKII
Audio Research CDII
Proac Studio 250's
I plan on adding a phono section and am thinking about a Basis 1400, VPI Scoutmaster, Nottingham Spacedeck

The new room is small 10'x 11' I am concerned if my system will work well in the room. My speakers are large and have two 7" drivers each and a tweeter.

So, I have two questions, 1 am I better off leaving it in my current room and 2 what changes should I make for the smaller room. My first thought is a speaker change. Any help is appreciated.

My listening habits are rock. I like guitars!

-Ross
wilcoaz

Showing 1 response by robm321

Sometimes headphones are the only solution. I have a back up headphone set up just in case. It's a temporary solution for me since I like a room full of sound and not my head full of sound, but it does give pleny of satisfaction until you can figure out a way.

Good Luck,
Rob