Rookie, Considering Either Martin Logan XT60's OR Kef R700's Set Me Straight Folks!...

So here I am taking the jump into a couple of grand worth of tall speakers.

Direct me please to the best sounding of these two, best dynamics, bass, speed, sound stage, imaging and over all value. A lot of this is the WAF and she likes both the Kefs and the ML’s appearance wise, understand the sensitivity of the ML’s is higher than the Kefs, am driving with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and just want great imaging and great overall sound.

Have heard the ’Folded Motion Tweeter" on the ML’s might be a bit on the bright or harsh side. The Kef’s I have not heard but hear they are fabulous!

Opinions please Ladies and Gentlemen!
128x128eag618

Showing 2 responses by brian27b

Audio Video Therapy in Nashua NH is a Kef dealer. I just listened to the new R7 powered by the Naim Unity Nova. This combo was outstanding IMO. I own the R700's and drive them with the Primaluna Dialog HP integrated using the stock tubes. This IMO is another great combo. I don't you will be disappointed. Ask for John, he is the owner. They carry the full line of Kef speakers. Good luck.
eag618: My room is kinda of small at 11x15 so the bass l am getting is well defined and deep enough for my satisfaction for the type of music i listen too being jazz, blues and rock. Imaging is great, as an example,  being able to tell if the drummer is off to the right or left to the vocalist with a real convincing soundstage. I liked these speakers so much, i purchased the R600c & R300 to for my HT. I use the new Parasound 5 channel amp A52+ for HT and back round music. Very impressed with this amp.  As i meant to say, i don't think you will be disappointed. I ended up getting these when Kef was closing them out at 25% off retail. Good luck.