Romex power cable as speaker cables?

I was experimenting with a pair of romex power cables to connect my speakers and amp - and much to my surprise i found a much cleaner presentation compared to the bluejeans belden  5T00UP. Its a pain to handle the romex - but i dont mind it as my run is less than 4 ft on each side. Whats good for 110V should be pretty good for carrying audio signals right? 
pistha
I've always said that copper wire and Romex of various gauges is a good expample sound pretty darn good. People don't seem to want to take the time to audition the concept.
Solid core wire is usually a good conductor for interconnects and thick gauge is great for speaker cable. The less the stray strands, the less they can interfere with the signal transmission.
But, Romex wire uses the cheapest form of copper. The concept is good but the quality is just not there. IMHO.

I actually made (2) 12 foot lengths of pure soft annealed 9999 12 gauge silver wire and it sounds great. But this was before the silver prices got crazy expensive.

ozzy

I know of at least 1 mega-bucks speaker company that uses solid core, electrical wire for their internal wiring. 

Saves on materials, but adds significantly to the time needed for assembly.