Rogue Tempest or Jolida JD1000A Integrateds?

Moving to tubes and have decided to go with one of the above by researching Audiogon forum threads. Comments from those of you that have heard one or both units would be greatly appreciated. I am powering the Cliffhanger Audio CHS-2 W2's.
buckingham

Showing 2 responses by audiokinesis

One of the very best sounds I heard at CES 2001, and by far the best in its price range, was the JoLida 1000A driving a pair of Cliffhanger Bulldogs. This was the only combination that actually brought tears to my eyes at the show. I was already a dealer for JoLida, but I'd never heard the 1000A and was frankly shocked by the experience. Later I became a Cliffhanger dealer based on that audition. I haven't heard the CS-2W's, but I'd say there's an excellent chance that the synergy between the JD1000A and Cliffhanger products extends to your speakers.

I also have a great deal of respect for Rogue. But that particular JoLida uses the EL34 tube which is a better midrange tube than the KT88's used by the Rogue. Factor in upgrading the stock chinese tubes, though.
Congrats on your choice, Buckingham, and glad to hear the synergy is there! That's really what makes or breaks a system. Yes the KT88's have great bass, so that may well be the better choice for your system.

Best wishes to you!