Rogue RP5 with Bel Canto Mono Block

Hi,
   Did anyone try the Rogue RP5 Pre-amp with the Bel Canto Class D Monoblock Amplifiers? My DAC is PS Audio Direct Stream and my speakers are Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum. Currently using the Hegel H80 as the pre-amp and thinking of changing to tube pre-amp. Any suggestion is much appreciated.
karurravi
karurravi

I’ve heard most of the Belcanto Class-D’s, only one that made me think of going to the "dark side" was the 600M monoblocks, BUT!!! only when they drive a nice benign 4-8ohms impedance through the mids and highs with no nasty -phase angles involved, only then these amps to me stayed sweet and airy.

Fortunately your Dynaudio C4’s are right your the alley, and should sound great with these monoblocks.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/DynConfFig1.jpg

Just make sure the bass around 70-80hz is good with them also as

"Quote Stereophile measurements: -46 degrees -phase angle and 5.1 ohms at 73Hz will rule out the use of amplifiers that are not happy with low impedances."

This EPDR could look to the amp as a load below 3ohms, even 2ohms.

As for the Rogue RP5 Pre-amp, it’s output impedance is 500ohm, no problem with the 100kohm input impedance of the 600M’s. And the gains of both are a good match also being a low 10db for the RP5 and medium 27db for the 600M’s

Cheers George

I had a Rogue RP5 for about a year and liked it quite a bit.  I didn’t care for the JJ tubes that came standard but the NOS Mullard I replaced them with really opened the sound up.  I never heard it with a Bel Canto amp, but did hear it with a Odyssey Stratos and a Conrad Johnson amp, both solid state. They both sounded great.  I only replaced the Rogue because I went with an all McIntosh set up. 
I only replaced the Rogue because I went with an all McIntosh set up.

I know these are two different levels of components, how does the RP-5 compare to the MAC? I have the RP-5 still with the stock JJ's....I love it...huge difference with the Mullards?

I know this isn't my question, but as far as the tubes are concerned, NOS Mullards sound much better than the stock JJ tubes. I did this change with my Rogue integrated amp.