Rogue Metis pre amp

I'm getting a rogue Metis next week, anyone out there using this with good results? In a few reviews it says it's loud. Not sure what that means but I'm sure it will be better than my 20 year old solid state.
fruff1976
Hi Fruff1976, let us know what you think of the pre. I am interested in knowing if it is indeed a bit noisy as the reviews say or if Rogue has improved the signal to noise ratio since the reviews.
I'll be pairing it with a Classe CA-300 power amp and Usher 6381's. I'm replacing a Classe cp-35, which is about 20 years old. I'm assuming it can't be any noisier than that one.
The CA-301 (only amp I could find a spec for) has a very high input impedance- making it easy to drive for the Metis- which is good because I have read that the Rogue has trouble driving some amps.

If this was pure coincidence you got lucky. However I also noticed that it needs 1.75v to hit its rated output power. This is a little high which indicates that you may need to turn it up to get things going if your speakers are lower in sensativity.

You are going to have to wait and see. I think you will be okay. Even if it is a little noisier than what you have today, it still could sound a lot better.

-Rob
Yes indeed it is noisy. It sounds like the Vegas strip in my listening room now. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I was expecting a little noise but there is a very audible buzzing and humming from as far back as 10-15ft.
Strange thing is I heard the metis at a dealer once and it was quiet through Triangle Antals. He had it plugeed into some fancy power conditioner though, I wonder if that might do the trick for you.