Rogue M-180 vs BAT vk150se

I would like some opinions on the Rogue M-180 monoblocks vs BAT vk150SE. Speakers are Revel Salon 2. Preamp is Classe CP-800 (which I love), but I will be adding a tube preamp into the rotation (likely the Cary SLP-05, but I am looking at offerings from PrimaLuna, BAT and Rogue).
Sources: OPPO-95, Mac Mini running Amerra, Rega RP3 w/black ortofon m2, squeezebox.

Looking to add warmth, liquid midrange and ever so slightly soften the highs on some recordings.
mbovaird

Showing 3 responses by chrissain

I own revel f32s with rogue 180s, and I am considering bi amping with rogues on top and solid state on the bass. the rogues are great amps, but revels need solid state for bass control. The salons need lots of current to open up and for proper bass .
the bat is not above rogue, in my experience the rogues are more neutral sounding. what I am going to do is get the dspeaker dual core digital eq pre and probably a parasound solid state amp. the bass drivers from 190 hertz on down, will be digitally room EQd with solid state controll, while the rogues will only be powering the mid range on up . my room is small and has some not so nice sounding peaks, and I know this will help. The para sound amps are dc coupled, bi polar hi current amps, and this will really help with controlling the revel bass drivers, and the dual core will digitally EQ the peaks out.
If you are sticking to solid state, an older Classe ca 301, or cam 350 monos would sound great, and you can get them for not a lot of dough, good luck