Rogue M-150 upgrade to M-180 Questions

So, if you have either done this upgrade, or heard a set before and after, what did you notice? I am wondering if the upgrade is a good allotment of funds (plan B would be upgrading my digital source, currently a Modwright Platinum 9100 Sony) Speakers are Tyler Acoustics Decade D1's, relatively easy to drive.

Things I like about the M150's (tubes are Svetlana 6550's, RCA Clear Tops, and Telefunkens) are holographic imaging, huge soundstage, deep bass. Things that could be improved on: clarity, tighter bass, as it can be a little boomy at times, transformer hum is noticeable.

Do you think the upgrade would make the amp improve in those areas? The increase in overall power would be nice, but I am running it in triode, as my speakers don't require a ton of juice, and UL mode just flattens out the imaging a bit, with no offsetting benefit.

On a side note, has anyone heard the upper-end Rogue preamps? I see one for sale on here right now.
dawgcatching

Showing 1 response by yioryos

How much is this upgrade worth?I got the 150's at home and being happy overall with them so far.