Rogue Cronus Magnum (hum/noise)

Any other Cronus Magnum users care to share how noisy your amp is?  I can definitely hear a bit of transformer hum/noise when close to the amp itself, and within about a foot or so I can hear hum/buzz through my speakers.  I've lived with it as it's not really noticeable when music is playing, I'm just not sure if that's normal or not for this amp?  I think I can say with certainty it's not a ground loop issue, and different tubes don't seem to effect it at all.  The noise through the speakers stays constant and does not change with volume.   I've asked Rogue and they said it's normal for little noise, but I don't know how much is normal??

The phono section also hums (a lot more, amplifying with volume), especially when the volume hits about 12o'clock, but this isn't too big of a deal for me as I use a separate phono pre.  
mj452312

Showing 1 response by tabascocat1994

I suggest calling Rogue. In my experience, either Mark--the owner--or one of his techs will walk you through the problem.  I have owned a Cronus as well as 2 Rogue preamps and a Rogue amp. Rogue equipment is my favorite overall brand and I have owned a lot of gear.  A big reason Rogue is on the top of my list is the customer service. 

I never experienced such a problem with my Cronus. Your issue may have more to do with the environment that it's placed than the unit itself. I had a buzz in my system a few years back and Mark walked me through the fix. It was not even his product at issue. He is a great guy. Again try calling Rogue. 

I wholly disagree with the comment in this string that Rogue equipment is "cheaply" built. It is the opposite and an incredible value.