rogue audio m150 owners

I have rogue audio m150 monos that are a little over a year old , today I measured my power tubes on a tube tester and I was suprised that my tubes were barely testing "good" . they seemed to have lost most of there power. the tubes are EH kt88s . is this normal ? how many hours is average for this type of tube ? I am new to the world of tubes and I thought I would get 3-5000 hours of good use before needed replacement. Also, have any m150 owners tried any different brands of tubes? Is there one that stands out from the others? please help ! thanks and happy listening!
chrissain

Showing 1 response by boyhowdy

Chrissain, I would contact Rogue about the m180 upgrade, but I have no reason to believe the $1,300 upgrade wouldn't be worth it, unless you're not into the increasing transparency, better dynamics thing. I was truly surpised how much better the m180 was than my Pathos Classic One MkII on my 100db efficient speakers. I figured I would have better dynamics and a better bottom end, but the superior transparency of the m180 surprised me a little. It's a great amplifier and I'm sure Rogue wouldn't offer it if it wasn't an improvement over the m150.