Rogue Audio Cronus ..... new power tubes

Please take a look at my "updated system." My power tubes are approaching four years now, and I'm thinking about my next matched quad. I started with the stock Svetlana EL-34's (very nice) and then upgraded three years later to Genelex Gold Lion KT-77's (absolutely beautiful with all types of music.) I'm really happy with the GL's ..... beautiful tone, great dynamics, top to bottom balance, and just the "right balance" of tube warmth and overall clear resolution.What should I consider for my next quad ? A new set of GL KT-77's or something different ?
adam18

Showing 3 responses by reynolds853

Adam,

From reading your post I would stay with the Gold Lion power tubes, but what small tubes do you run in the Cronus? If you are running the stock tubes I'd make some changes there. Is there some attribute to your system you'd like to change? Changing the small tubes can make a huge difference.

John
Adam,

Sounds like you got some really good guidance from Mark and Nick! Given how much you are enjoying your system staying with the Gold Lion KT-77's would make the most sense to me too.

Cheers,

John
Adam,

It sounds like you have your system dialed-in nicely and i wish you much more happy listening. Thanks too for your compliments on my system, I indeed like it a lot.

John