Rogue audio amp thoughts

I am looking to upgrade my power section from Cambridge 640A to go with Rega Dac R and Tyler Taylo monitors.  I have listened to and am interested in Rogue, and after hearing the Cronus with the Tyler’s, realized I probably wouldn’t be fully satisfied with the Sphinx long term, but couldn’t replace with an all tube integrated or separates all at once.  I can use the pre section of Cambridge with a different power amp but not vice versa.  Would I be better off getting a Sphinx first And later getting a tube power (Atlas/ Stereo 90) later and use the Sphinx pre section, or pick up one of the above mentioned power amps first and use pre section of Cambridge until I can get a stand alone pre amp further down the road?  Thanks for any thoughts!
jonbrinpc

russm535il
7 posts
01-05-2019 10:22am
Jon
I upgraded to a Rogue Cronos Magnum 2 three years ago from a Cambridge integrated . The Rogue is fantastic and service and support from Rogue excellent. I paired the amp with Golden Ear Triton plus 2 speakers to boost bass . I bought the amp and speakers as a retirement gift to myself and plan to keep it until my kids send me to a home ! In my opinion you cannot go wrong w Rogue ! Best !

I have T1s and am thinking of a Cronus.

Also, Rogue recently updated the Cronus Magnum to version "III", with a significantly improved phono stage, improved preamp stage & headphone outputs, and a toggle switch for triode/ultralinear modes. If possible, beg/borrow/trade with a dealer :)
I have the Magnum II for the last year and highly recommend it.
With my special tube sauce it's really all I need.
Very nice!
I use the Rouge Triton phono, pirchased because I like Rogue qualities sound and build. This thing is under the radar, very good!
I  purchased the RP 5  3 years ago .  What really impressed me was the tubes give a very warm feeling to the music. I have a old  Krell KAV250a.
Although that amp is 10 years old, it works amazingly with the Rogue.  When it comes to replacing the amp, I have my eyes on the  Atlas Magnum III amp.  In my book this is a perfect match  The tube section really makes a soft warm presentation.

The Sphinx is a great integrated amp.  It has very good specifications. The sound is very nice and warm and the price is very reasonable.  The Sphinx has received many great reviews.  If you want to save some serious money  and have quality sound, I would recommend the Sphinx Integrated Amp,  The price is around $1,800.00. Sometimes you can get a discount which is dealer dependent.  Just food for thought.  Good luck.