Rogue amps-- try 5751 instead of 12ax7

I have an Atlas and just swapped out the pair of 12ax7s for 5751s and it's amazing to me the transformation. The Rogue (which I run with KT90s, biased up a bit) has been incredibly detailed for me, good bass, very transparent and I've loved it. Adding the 5751 (Raytheon windmill getters) has injected this really cool vintage-y tone and an incredible soundstage depth.... definitely at the expense of some punchyness in the bass but it's a very worthwhile trade off to me. I recommend giving it a try.
dhcod

Showing 2 responses by facten

Use NOS Tungsol 5751s in my Cronus Magnum

Sebastien, take this for what it's worth as I am not partial to EL34s,I recently swapped GL KT88s out of my Ayon Spirit for Shuguang Black Treasures - to my ears they take the music up a few notches, more detail & dynamic -prior to these I found the GLs the best KT88s I used. There's a Black Treasure version of the EL34 , haven't heard it, but if it is as good as their KT88 it might be something to keep in mind at some point if you're interested
Sebastien1 - yes realized you were interested in the KT77s not the 88s was just trying to give you a sense of a possible alternative based upon what I'm hearing when comparing the 2 KT88s - enjoy!