Rogue 88, Marsh A400S, or Audio Research VS110?

Of the threee above with Soliloquy 6.3's thoughts of quality and performance of the three above. I now have the Rouge 88 Magnum and 99 Magnum, but want a little more "umph" especially with the bass.
bpaulovich

Showing 2 responses by scottht

I used to have the 88, 99 combo and was less than thrilled. I certainly expected better performance than I was getting. I now am using the M120's. HUGE leap. My entire system was transformed. I had no idea how poorly the 88 was sounding until I put the M120's in the line up.Looking back, I have no Idea why I went with the 88 in the first place. It must have been a cost issue. If you can audition a pair of M120's in your system, you certainly should. Transformation!!
Well, it is triod and ultralinear. And I would suggest that having already owned everything discussed here, the 88 or the 90 is underpowered for the 1.6's.
You will get many opinions but I am telling you flat out" don't do it"
There are significant differences between the 88/90 and the 120's. Now I am not telling you to buy the 120's as if I had to do everything again, I wouldn't buy the 120's.
Mark from Rogue is a great guy and a pleasure to do buisiness with but, I think all of the Rogue gear leaves a little to be desired. MHO