Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

@tomcy6 

What people object to is being subjected to stupid and hypocritical political rants. People should be informed in ads that the rants will be a prominent feature of the show.

Oh, no! I agree! People should really get a warning about the things they might experience at the show. Otherwise, those who want just music might find themselves surprised and cheated by the event, which isn't cheap. If one pays $100 bucks or more for something, they should know specifically what they're paying for, and the provider should stick to the specifics of the agreement.

I’m in the Rog camp for the most part but I’ll say this: If Roger can’t express the opinion in his music anymore-something he has done magnificently-and has to rely on preaching, he’s failed a little as an artist.

When people start spitting, using derogatory language, being angry, etc (ie, in this thread), it many times means (not always) they don't have a logic, reality, or fact leg to stand on.

I saw the Alarm open for U2 decades ago. If you went to that or e.g. Crosby, Still Nash and young back in the day you expected politics. Then again the left was "live and let live" then.

Roger’s politics are vile and like someone said, I’ll support Gilmour but I won’t support Roger today.

A significant amount of  great art, be it music, comedy, painting etc. has alway been designed to provoke.

Waters, Bruce, Pryor, Goya, Carlin, Picasso, Wagner, Leadbelly,  Da Vinci, Guthrie, Baez, The Staple Singers to name just a few..   Like it or not, message and provocation are at the  heart of much of the great works of art,