Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

@hilde45

I agree with the idea of a warning at the time of ticket sales. It’s a good idea. I do agree with the other poster who thought that it should only apply to excessive political commentary. For instance, last year I saw a solo Rick Wakeman show in which he performed songs interspersed with amusing stories, which is what it was supposed to be, and it was great. No polarizing political commentary.

I will be seeing Graham Nash later this month, and that is supposed to be the same thing.

Saw the show in Altanta and I loved it. It was so well put together; the stage, the sound, video & FX.  To me it was like a music documentary performed live to picture, which is a keen idea. I may not agree with all of Waters’ opinions, but it doesn’t matter a bit to me that he has them, or that he wants to express them artistically. That kind of stuff never bothered me.

I also found Roger, in his banter with the audience at times during during the show, to be congenial and warm. Meanwhile, I saw Porcupine Tree a month later, and while that band is immeasurably rehearsed and tight, Steven Wilson just came off as an insecure, condescending, pretentious douche. 

No matter. I got what I wanted out of both shows. Life is about taking the bad with the good. 

@tomcy6 

What people object to is being subjected to stupid and hypocritical political rants. People should be informed in ads that the rants will be a prominent feature of the show.

Oh, no! I agree! People should really get a warning about the things they might experience at the show. Otherwise, those who want just music might find themselves surprised and cheated by the event, which isn't cheap. If one pays $100 bucks or more for something, they should know specifically what they're paying for, and the provider should stick to the specifics of the agreement.

I’m in the Rog camp for the most part but I’ll say this: If Roger can’t express the opinion in his music anymore-something he has done magnificently-and has to rely on preaching, he’s failed a little as an artist.