Roger Alan Modjeski (RAM) 1951 - 2019

It is with great sadness that I announce Roger A. Modjeski passed away peacefully in his home in San Pablo, CA after an 12 month battle with cancer. Roger started Music Reference in 1981 and later RAM Tubes, The Tube Audio Store, and The Berkeley HiFi School. For more than 38 years he tirelessly ran his business and designed some of the most unique and well received audio components in the industry. Right until the near end Roger was working, designing, and teaching until he physically was unable to continue.

The link below will take you my playground where I have posted my tribute to Roger (click ENTER after the page loads):

http://www.electrafidelity.com/

Fare thee well my friend.
clio09

Showing 1 response by augwest

Roger was an excellent teacher, researcher, inventor, and designer.  I'm using an RM-10 MkII Class A in a system where few sane people would consider a little 25 Watt stereo amp that weighs 14 pounds.  It has won my heart and a spot in my primary stereo system, beating out 100 Watt solid state and tube monoblocks to power floor standing speakers.  I sure hope Roger got the message I sent to him to that effect on Thanksgiving, about six years after buying the amp.

I guess we all have to let go of Roger, and that's very sad.  The best tribute I can think of to give him is to praise his amp, and not let go of that!