Rockport Avior 2 vs Wilson Sasha DAW

I’m consider one of these two speakers, the Rockport Avior 2 and the new Wilson Sasha DAW. My room is 19’ x 25’ with a 20’ ceiling, the room floor plan opens behind me into a kitchen and the rest of the house. I listen at low to moderate levels and usually have to supplement the bass with a sub because of the large space. I listen to jazz, folk, classical full orchestra some old classic rock on rare occasions. I’ve always like the detail of electrostatic speakers but they all have there limitations. Looking for a great all around speaker. I Enjoy both tube and solid gear, currently using solid state spectral. I Have several amp choices from Spectral and Rowland. Just wonder if anyone knows these speakers intimately and can give me some strengths of each and an opinion which you would choose and why. I’ve been researching many other speakers and have come down to these two. Thank you for your thoughts.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110
Is it safe to say the Rockport is softer maybe a little less detailed and more forgiving than the Wilson Daw

Hi Carey,

I have had listening experiences with the Rockport Arrakis, Altair II and Lyra. I have had less experience with the smaller models.

I, too, find that Rockport has a “house” sound similarity across the models. I happen to love this house sound, which I characterize as a very natural sound with a tonal balance which I find to be a bit warmer and more realistic than Wilson.

I vote for the Rockport. Be advised that they require a lot of power to be driven properly and sound their best. I would not drive Altair IIs or Lyras with less than about 350 watts.
I listened extensively to both and bought the Rockport’s. My room is 15.5 by 27 by 8 high.  Love the Aviors. Before I had 3 different Martin Logan’s. Driving the Aviors with VTL S200. Don’t know where you are located but recommend the Sound Environment in Omaha and Kansas City. Great dealer and they have Rockport and some Wilson’s
Opposite side of the country from you  Smer319 I’m east coast. Have you compared the two speakers?.