Rock Guitarist Dick Wagner Dies

Known for his collaboration with Alice Cooper back in the 70's and also with Lou Reed. Dick and fellow guitarist Steve Hunter in my opinion was the Best guitar duo during the 70's. I was fortunate enough to see Alice Live with Wagner and Hunter during his Welcome to my nightmare tour. After I type this I'm going to listen to Lou Reed;s Rock and Roll Animal Album and then some Alice Cooper to hear Dick Wagners amazing guitar playing. RIP DICK!!!!!
ziggy333a

Showing 1 response by ziggy333a

Known to fans and friends as, “The Maestro of Rock,” Dick Wagner’s songs and lead guitar have been featured on more than 350 renowned albums, garnering more than 35 Platinum and Gold records, BMI songwriter awards, and numerous prestigious international awards.

The Detroit area native helped define an era in rock history by playing lead guitar or writing songs for Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Kiss, Lou Reed, The Frost, Peter Gabriel, Meat Loaf, Steve Perry, Etta James, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Air Supply, Hall & Oates, Ringo Starr, Guns & Roses, Tori Amos, Frank Sinatra, and dozens of others.

Legendary for his groundbreaking collaborations with Alice Cooper, Wagner was musical director, lead guitarist and co-writer of the icon’s biggest hits, including “Only Women Bleed,” “You and Me,” “I Never Cry,” and “Welcome To My Nightmare.” Wagner was Cooper’s right hand man on such groundbreaking albums as, Welcome to My Nightmare, Alice Cooper Goes to Hell, Lace and Whiskey, From the Inside