Roadrunner reapearance

I saw on the latest edition of Analog Planet on MF’s video of the show he attended that at the SOTA booth, they had a working product of the Roadrunner w/motor/pulley as a drop in for a VPI. Anyone here have more info or even better, have one in use? It was reported it is now a product for sale @ $1k. No mention of it on SOTA’s website.
128x128slaw
@digital3
The new SOTA motor should fit in the Prime SAMA housing with little or no modification.  The AC input on the SAMA will be replaced with a low voltage connector and the motor should bolt into the same holes as the Hurst motor.
@slaw- The PBN tach is a bit of a misnomer. The tach counts pulses from a high speed clock (18.518kHz) so it will produce a reading of 33.333 when it takes 1.8S for one platter revolution. However, it is counting the period of rotation, not RPM, so as the platter slows down, the reading will increase and if it speeds up, the reading decreases. The only time the reading is correct is at exactly 1.8S/rev. There is a separate clock for 45 RPM, so the tach must be switched between 33/45. If you can live with those limitations, it is a fairly clever design.

The RR does not need to be turned on or off; the tach comes alive automatically when the platter starts spinning and goes to sleep when there is no activity for 5 minutes. It also has an accumulated playing time counter that can be used to track stylus wear and can be reset when the cart/stylus is replaced.
Thank you slaw and phoenixengr,
I have talked to met Peter of PBN a few times and own his fine speakers. I did not know he made a tachometer, I will have to look into that.

@phoenixengr,

Thanks for the explanation. I plan on purchasing your complete package for my TT project.
More to discover