Road trip to demo $10,000 speakers

I'm going to take a several hour road trip to the Washington DC/Baltimore area to demo some speakers in the $10,000 range for a once in a lifetime purchase. I plan on listening to some Magico A3's, Aerial Acoustic 7T's, and Spendor D-9's. One of the dealers also has Paradigm Persona 3F's on the floor, so I'll take a listen to them too. While I'm up there are there any other speakers in that price range you'd recommend I try to locate and take a listen to. I'm open to and welcome your suggestions and will take the time to research each one as well.

I'm not in the market for used equipment. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Mike

skyscraper
Hey Mike!
I just discovered this thread, a great read and congrats on the new speakers. I am also in Roanoke and have spent tons of money both at Audiotronics and Command AV up in DC (great guys). I just picked up a Luxman L-509X and it sounds pretty incredible through my La Scala IIs. Wish there was an audiophile group or something here in the Roanoke area, we should connect somehow!

Tseliot. thanks for your good word on the Luxman amp and your tip on the Audience cables. I bought my first, to me, pricey power cord today for my newly purchased used Shunyata Denali 6000S power conditioner. I called Shunyata and they recommended, not surprisingly, their own Shunyata Venom cord, which they were running a sale on for $175.00 (usually $300) through their online dealer network. 

I’m not convinced it will work any better than a shielded hospital grade 12AWG power cord, but what do I know except I don’t know, so I’m going to get one of those too.  Then I can do a side by side comparison. I don’t think the Venom power cable would be any worse, and its not a fortune thrown away if their performance is the same. I’ll be trying the same experiment with returnable Rocket 88 speaker cable versus some Belden cables. I wish you were close by and I could demo your Elrod Power Cord too. I really need to hear the difference between various types cord and cables to convince myself what’s real and whats hype, before I throw real money at them.

How do you like your Audience AR6 power conditioner?  My Shunyata Denali is the first power conditioner I've ever owned. Before I started reading on this site I'd not even heard of them before.

Jsqt. Thanks. When I get my Magico A3's in February and my new system set up, I'll send you a pm if you'd like to come over and give them a listen. I was over Audiotronics a week or two ago listening to them demo a couple of speaker cables on their Klipsch speakers. Maybe they were LaScalas like yours. I didn't note which model Klipsch model they were though. You're fortunate to have the Luxman 509X. That's the model they are using to demo the Magico A3's at shows now. I really wanted one, but had to reign myself in and drop down a model after spending so much on the Magico's. Luxman's have such a nice build quality.

I think somebody mentioned to me there was some type of audio club in Roanoke years ago, but probably long gone by now. 

Mike
Yes, Audiotronics has the big La Scala IIs up in their main listening room, which is where I bought mine... in fact they had my cherry Heresy IIIs and distressed oak Forte IIIs in there for about 3 months after I traded up. I think they finally sold the Heresy IIIs as they were not there when I went by yesterday to check out the PrimaLuna Dialogue integrated they have now. 

The PrimaLuna was impressive - my rig before the 509X was a Luxman CL40 valve pre and PrimaLuna ProLogue 4... so I wanted one final comparison between a top shelf tube integrated and my "best in class" solid state integrated. The Dialogue sounded very nice, but I did not come away with any buyer's remorse for the 509X. 

Definitely try to remember to ping me when the A3s come in... Would love to hear what they sound like. And if you ever want to check out my 509X/La Scala II/Hegel HD30 setup you're more than welcome!