Road trip to demo $10,000 speakers

I'm going to take a several hour road trip to the Washington DC/Baltimore area to demo some speakers in the $10,000 range for a once in a lifetime purchase. I plan on listening to some Magico A3's, Aerial Acoustic 7T's, and Spendor D-9's. One of the dealers also has Paradigm Persona 3F's on the floor, so I'll take a listen to them too. While I'm up there are there any other speakers in that price range you'd recommend I try to locate and take a listen to. I'm open to and welcome your suggestions and will take the time to research each one as well.

I'm not in the market for used equipment. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Mike

skyscraper

Showing 2 responses by yyzsantabarbara

I am doing a similar trip on Sept 29th in Los Angeles. I will hear the Magico A3 and the Vivid Kaya 45 (or 90). I was hoping to go to Upscale Audio to hear the Focal Kanta but they are closed on Sat. I will likely do a second trip to hear those speakers.
@ozzy I also did a recent road trip and decided to buy the A3. I did not order it, I will order in early 2019. I doubt a full payment is required. My dealer had none in stock.

I was going to get Mark Levinson 585 to power it but now will switch to the Lynngdorf 3400 because I will need room correction. Never heard the Lyngdorf but the ML 585 is great with the A3.

Please post your opinions on the demo and the amplification used.

In my demo I heard the following with the A3:

1) Mark Levinson 523/536 - Fantastic sound
3) Mark Levinson 585 - Really good sound
3) Benchmark AHB2 + DAC3L - Very good but not at 585 level