Road trip to demo $10,000 speakers

I'm going to take a several hour road trip to the Washington DC/Baltimore area to demo some speakers in the $10,000 range for a once in a lifetime purchase. I plan on listening to some Magico A3's, Aerial Acoustic 7T's, and Spendor D-9's. One of the dealers also has Paradigm Persona 3F's on the floor, so I'll take a listen to them too. While I'm up there are there any other speakers in that price range you'd recommend I try to locate and take a listen to. I'm open to and welcome your suggestions and will take the time to research each one as well.

I'm not in the market for used equipment. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Mike

skyscraper

Showing 2 responses by gdnrbob

Call John Rutan at Audioconection. He is in NJ, but can recommend a place where you can listen to Vandersteen.
And, considering you owned DQ-10's, I think Vandersteen should be very high on your list.
If you like planar speakers, I believe Magnepan offers a trial period on speakers ordered from the factory.
B
@OP,
I can understand your reluctance regarding used speakers, but since gettting back in the game after a 25 year hiatus, just about all my equipment has been bought used-including speakers. And, I have never had an issue with damaged equipment.
Just ask a lot of questions and get a feel of the seller. -Is he a serious audiophile or just someone who trades equipment?
From my experience, most sellers on Agon will let you audition their equipment if you are local.
B