RME ADI-2 DAC FS is it "All That", especially for under $2,000?

I am upgrading my main system with a Mark Levinson No 532H and pair of Tekton MOABs, arriving in the next few weeks. I decided my Music Hall 25.3 DAC should probably be upgraded as well, I have a PS Audio preamp I was planning on still using.

I am getting a lot of recommendations for the RME ADI-2 DAC FS, and some are saying replace my PS Audio preamp with it also. Pretty much every review or even mention of it I can find, comes with descriptions like "End Game product regardless of price" and "State of the art".

Thoughts?
Thanks.
128x128brad1138

Showing 1 response by daledeee1

I am really enjoying the Topping D90. It improved every aspect of sound from my system.  I got it for 630 from Apos Audio who will let you return it but I would be very surprised if you did.  This has the AKM 4499 with other high quality components.  Denafrips uses the R2R topology but is 8-10 wks out.  The Sabaj D5 for 469 uses the latest ESS chip and also got very good write ups.  Gustard A22 uses two AKM4499.  After that the price goes up and I don't know what configuration the other regarded brands use.