RMAF 2021 Cancelled

Not only is this year's show cancelled, there will be no more Rocky Mountain Audio Fests.  It's over.
garyalex
Seems like what happened is that PS Audio who was bankrolling (a large part? of) the show this year and was set to show off their new speaker and massive monoblocks got cold feet and Mr. McGowan decided the top priority was to protect his staff and so they pulled out and the show folded.  
Because the cancellation is at least over 30 days out from RMAF 2021 it suggess any contracted costs are recoverable, hopefully 
I hope this ‘late in the day’ cancellation doesn’t hurt vendors too hard. I know the costs involved in attending this type of event as a vendor, they can be significant. Hopefully booth costs and travel/hotel ticket costs etc can be recovered and no lasting damage is done, particularly to the smaller guys.
Post removed 
Post removed 
I've been meaning to read the book "Predictably Irrational." Thanks for the reminder! 
@ricmci

Don't understimate just how gullible the general public is. I see this foolishness continuing for quite some time...
Unfortunately, we will see more of this over the next year. My understanding is that they are working on an anti-irrational thinking vaccine which may be released in the next 6 months but early surveys show most Americans are unwilling to participate.
larry5729
... why don’t audio manufacturers advertise in magazines and TV. I think the manufacturers are leaving a lot on the table.
Most audio manufacturers lack the economy of scale to advertise in mass media, which isn’t really suitable for niche products.
I have been receiving real estate lists for homes in our area for the past 3 years and I have yet to see speakers in a any of their rooms. Are they allergic to music?
Many of those homes were probably "staged" for photographic appeal. I’d certainly remove all my audio gear before putting my house on the market.
If shows are disappearing why don’t audio manufacturers advertise in magazines and TV.  I think the manufacturers are leaving a lot on the table.

I have been receiving real estate lists for homes in our area for the past 3 years and I have yet to see speakers in a any of their rooms.  Are they allergic to music?  Do they not know there is an incredible platform for entertainment?

I see expensive entertainment centers with a flat TV and no speakers.  You kidding me?  Sound is 70% of the movie experience.
The Washington DC show--CAF--is better (larger) than the NY one, and although it's only a couple of months away, I don't think there's any guarantee against a last-minute cancellation.
Unfortunately, I think audio shows are an anachronism, given the prevalence of internet demonstrations.  Before you say - "you can't judge equipment on You Tube!", that is exactly how many, if not most people are making decisions nowdays. Dealers are scarce, many audiophiles are afraid to walk into a dealer for fear of being pressured, or go into a dealer for a demo and buy online for a discount and tax-free purchase. What do you expect?  These shows cost a fortune and I would venture a guess that a lot more people make decisions based on internet reviews than anything someone hears at a show.  Just my opinion of course, but this doesn't surprise me at all.  
This was a really wonderful show at a great venue. My son lives in Denver so this was a double fun time for me.  RATS!

Might start considering going to some European shows.  New York is close, but well its New York.

I guess Axpona just moved up the list.

Regards,
barts
Where's the sign-up sheet to Chuxpona ... I'm in?!

Yeah I'm on board with any event that has more beer and less nannies...........

Oz

Major bummer.  RMAF was the best weekend of my year.  

Many thanks to Marjorie for bringing so many good things to so many people for so long.  She's amazing.
I’ve been going since I moved to Denver in 2014. Attendance was always high and it had established itself as an important show. I’d already got my tickets for this year, so really upset it’s been cancelled, but understandably so given Delta and Lambda threatening further deaths in the wings.  I’m sure given the number of audio manufacturers locally and high local interest that something will rise from the ashes, but I’m afraid this is just another sad casualty of this rotten pandemic. 
I’m heartbroken. I’ve been to RMAF multiple times and it really is the most chill, friendliest show in the US. I hope another group takes up the mantle and keeps it going. I’ve only seen an increase in HiFi interest since COVID hit.  A lack of consumer interest cannot be what’s driving their decision. 
Does not surprise me because audio gear is not what it used to be and the attendance and interest are also not high, so therefore the show closes, sad.
A very safe and effective solution is at hand and not fully availed of so what does anyone expect? Freedumb!

All the best,
Nonoise
I was really bummed when I had to cancel my reservations for AXPONA and now RMAF. What I wouldn't give for a time machine back to 2013!😪
troidelover1499,
I must ask; did you mean to spell your name that way or did you misspell triode?

It is shame not so much that this year's festival is cancelled, but that there will no more ones in the future.  Maybe another promoter or organizer can take over the mantle.
Chuxpona: no tickets, no millercarbon tax, no proof of not being vaccinated.
How does one prove they’re not vaccinated?
Oh, that’s right!
Get deathly ill, put on a ventilator, then die.
Post removed 
That's sad news.  I went a number of times and enjoyed each show.  I'll always remember the Patricia Barber concert they put on some years ago...excellent.  I saw and heard a lot of equipment that otherwise would never have been available to me.  And great conversations with vendors, media types, A'goners and total strangers.  I looked forward to it every year.  Thanks for the memories.  And, I live in Denver, too....contact me about that free beer...
Post removed 
Sorry to hear that. I had fun at those shows. Must make it point to support Axpona. 
Chuxpona: no tickets, no millercarbon tax, no proof of not being vaccinated.
I hope my decision to delay ticket purchases until a little closer to the show wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back... This would have been my first audio show and I was pretty excited.
Well you know there is always Chuctoberfest. For you hilde45, free beer!
Too bad. I had hoped to go there now that I'm retired. She doesn't really explain why it's shut down forever.
As a Denver resident, this is quite sad. I was going to buy everyone on Audiogon a beer.
That is very sad indeed RMAF had become the cool audio show. Hopefully something comes along to take its place and fingers crossed on Cap Audiofest. And no MC whatever it is please don't say it.
The pinnacle is precipitous; narrow, steep fall from the top. The past year was the climax, and now the denouement. 

It is odd they haven't updated their own website yet. But their official notification to vendors and exhibitors is posted everywhere. Sad.
RMAF 2021 Cancelled | Hifi Pig

RMAF 2021 HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL SADLY NOT RETURN TO THE HIFI SHOW CALENDAR AS WE KNOW IT
Rocky Mountain Audio Fest has cancelled the RMAF 2021 show.

An email is circulating to exhibitors and press announcing that the show has, unsurprisingly in the current Covid climate, been cancelled for this year.

Organisers Marjorie Baumert and Marcie Miller told us: “Up until now, we have held onto the possibility that our October show could be produced as planned. After reading and listening to the news concerning the Coronavirus pandemic, and watching the cancellation of numerous other shows, we no longer hold that hope. In spite of our initial optimism, we have read and listened to all of your thoughtful comments and then looked at the numbers and made the difficult decision to cancel RMAF 2021”.

And it looks like we will very sadly not be seeing RMAF as we know it again:

“This has been a wrenching decision, and along with it comes the added impact of deciding that we are no longer able to envision RMAF as our hearts delight. RMAF was our founder Al Stiefel’s dream, and we’ve done our best to nurture his vision for 12 years, along with help from the Colorado Audio Society and all our volunteers from around the world. Now, we are off to new adventures! And so it is with both sadness and anticipation for the future, we announce that the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest as we have all known it will be no more. It has been our very great pleasure to have served this community of audio professionals. We have learned so much from you! Thank you for 17 years of friendship and support. It has meant more than you can possibly imagine.

We offer you our heartiest wishes for good health and great happiness.

Your Friends,

Marjorie and Marcie”

Thanks everyone. More sad news. 

It’s always good to include a link when posting news like this.

Post removed