RMAF 2016................Boenicke W5

I spent quite awhile in the Boenicke/Sotm room at the show and was quite taken aback on how musically engaging the W5's were. They ooze a musical timbre that was simply stunning. Considering how diminutive they are (no bigger than PC speakers) they produce a big sound stage. To my ears they are a true Hi-Fi bargain at a paltry $3600 a pair when they are compared to some speakers that cost many times  more and are not in the same league as these miniature mighty marvels. There were a few speakers at the show that nearly made my ears bleed and my wallet to hide........

Anything float your boat at this years show?

128x128gawdbless
One could pay a shed load more of the green paper and get (musically) a whole lot less. I failed to mention the pairing of Sotm gear running with the W5's. It was a completely random pairing, and I think they paired very well together.
My Treo's in the CT version go for 8k I believe.  They would go against the W11 and cost a bit less.  I'd love to hear them in a similar system.  I may seriously look for a dealer in NYC.  Does anyone know of any?

I read in the Stereophile Show Reports online, one of their folks heard them and liked them as well.
The Treo CT's were rated very highly by TAS and others.  They really are special for speakers under 10k and more.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/vandersteen-audio-treo-ct-loudspeaker/
Neil Gater's last line says it all:
Neil’s conclusion: "... you cannot get a more purely musical loudspeaker in this price range than the Treo CT. A true delight."
I also was very impressed with the Boenicke’s. I was very shocked to hear that much quality sound coming from these small speakers. Another company I was unfamiliar with, but was a stand out for the price was Margules. They had a $12k speaker that was fantastic for the money.  In that same range I thought the Focal Sopra 2, Legacy Focus SE and Marten Django L were excellent. My higher dollar favorites from the show were the Magico M3, Rockport Cygnus and with a somewhat lower price, the Tidal Piano Diacera G2.