Ripping problem

I appreciate the advice from folks such as AUDIOENGR etc. However, DB Poweramp (21 day trial) doesn't seem to want to transfer the album data to my WMP library. It did for a few cd's then it only would transfer a couple of songs and then it mixed (or something mixed) multiple cd's together under the UNKNOWN album heading. I uninstalled and then installed again and it would rip one cd and then back to doing it again. This is one reason why I posted awhile ago that it was really easy to rip and play using WMP (using WAVE uncompressed). This problem reminds me why I didn't want to get involved in computer audio in the first place. Too much monkey business. Doing a little research online it seems most of the objection to WMP and the recommendation for rippers like DB Poweramp is the quality of the rip is better using something other than WMP. OK. Does that hold true if the cd's ripped are in very good shape? My ripped cd's using WMP sound really good. I could maybe detect a very little more depth, solidity to the rips done thru DB but I was told it would be better. You know, if you think it is supposed to sound better it will. My system is Odyssey Stratus extreme Plus amp, Nestorovic 5AS speakers, Marantz SA 2804 sacd/cd player/DAC, Lazurus Tube pre-amp, decent Transparent cables and Audioquest USB cable. Not a $100K system but still pretty good at around $10K. Anyone had this problem with different cd's being bunched together without any album art? I really am a crazy audiophile who wants the best sound I can afford. But this is making me think if WMP sounds really good with my DAC,is it worth it to pound my head against the wall for a little more? I know, only I know that.
wildoats

Showing 1 response by swanny76109

Db Poweramp works great with FLAC files for metadata. But you need the full not trial version. Pay for the one that gives you lifetime metadata access. It's about 35 bucks or so. Computer audio is a pain at startup. Just pick a methodology that works and stick with it. Once everything is ripped you won't look back when your entire library is in the palm of your hand. Good luck!