RIP VPI TNT

When I looked at the new VPI web site I was surprised to see two new tables, the Scout 2 and the Classic. I suppose I am too small a dealer to hear about these things in advance. I also did not see any mention of the TNT 6. An email to VPI has confirmed that , after 25 years, the TNT has been discontinued. The immediate cause was the cost and quality of presently available acrylic. I had a MK 1 TNT from shortly after it came out until last fall so I am a little sad. The next thought I had was the 12.7 arm. Apparently the only VPI table now available to take it is the HRX as the Aries extended has been out of the catalogue for some time. This seems unlikely to be a permanent state , $12000 seems to be a high entry point for a $3000 arm. But for the present , if you always wanted a TNT now is the time to see if your dealer has any left. [not me, this is a public service announcement, not a commercial.]
128x128stanwal

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Acrylic was one of harry's one step backwards thing. I am sure Harry's business model will come up with something for the 12.7 arm, for without a table with a lower price point, that premium arm will go nowhere. Superscout reference is still the best value.