Riggle Vtaf w/Rega P9 & RB1000. Good idea or not?

Greetings fellow vinyl lovers! I am buying a Rega P9 with the RB1000 arm. My cartridge is a Clearaudio Maestro. I would really like to have VTA adjustment capability with this table and have heard very good things about the Riggle Vtaf VTA adjustment wheel. Here is the question. Is it a good idea to install the Vtaf on the P9. Has anyone out there done this and what was your experience? The RB1000 has a 3 point attachment system that is different than the less expensive Rega arms, so I am little wary of installing the Vtaf on the P9. Also, this is an expensive table to mess with and I would not want to effect it in any negative way. By the way, I have about 5,000 records, 3,000 being classical, and I play vinyl most of the time.
Thanks,
Joe
jbcello

Showing 4 responses by hba

Hi Jbcello,

I would like also to have your impression about the Pete VTAF...I have a P9 too and I am thinking about this device;

Thanks,
Please, any comments ? I am trying to install the VTAF in the RB1000 / Rega P9 and I am facing a lot of problems concerning the tonearm height. Even using a higher spacer between the cartridge and headshell, adjusting the lift mechanism to the lowest level, the tonearm is still positive in around 3mm.
Actually the spacers supplied by Pete are supposed to be installed only on the rear of the cartridge top surface and I am little concerned by that since by adding a spacer only in one are of the top cartridge can alter the stylus angle. As a result, I am still trying to use a spacer right now that covers all top cartridge surface.

The VTAF adds 11mm to the total tonearm height which seems to high for me. For sure I am in touch with Pete, but any help from somebody that has already used it in a Rega P9 / RB1000 ( or any Rega table with 3 points tonearm ) will be very helpful. I am using the VTAF with the extension supplied by Pete ( in order to avoid to make an addition hole in the plinth ) which add an extra height of around 4mm in the total VTAF heigh, comparing to the "normal" VTAF.

Thank you,
Well...I ask for some help. I have tried to install the VTAF in my P9 and it does not work, I mean, the total weight increases in 11mm ( I bought the VTAF with the base in order to avoid to make a new hole in the P9 pitch ). Even using differente kind of spacers, I can not achieve a good VTA. It is still too height. In addition, the screws supplied are longer than needed, do not allowing the correct adjustment. I have alredy contacted Pete but, even showing a good attention, I was not able to solve the problem yet. At the end, I am not using it and I am really frustated. I will appreciate any help.
As I bought the VTAF with the base included ( in order to avoid to make any role in the plintch ), it is not working on my P9. Too high. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to install.