Reviews of $10k plus ics, speaker wires, and pcs

Do you think reviewers should do such cables? What about $30k plus components?
tbg

Showing 49 responses by bo1972

Prices are also based on a price tag a company wants a cable for this high prices.

In my opinion there are cables who can give you more new information other cables can't give you. And even with more expensive amps or sources this cannot be achieved.

It need to be auditioned in your set. After this you can Judge what it does in your set. Then you can decide if it is worth the money for the upgrade.

I have proven in many blindtests that it is easier to get a higher endresult with more expensive cables compared to more expensive amps or sources.

Hearing is believing. This is what counts most. It is that simple!
Expensive audio and cables doens't garantee anything!!

In audio there is a lof of average and even poor quality in every price range.

At the end there is not a lot of exeptional good stuff in every single price range regarding amps, sources, cables and speakers.
Audioquest is copied a lot. There are at least 2 Chinese factories who copy these products.

For the Silver cables like Sky, Wild Blue Yonder and K2 they use copper of steel instead of silver.

It has nothing to do with the same material Audioquest uses.
These talks about scams are created by all those brands who sell average or even poor quality.

And yessss there are may. In 16 years of time I am in this business I can say; there is a lot of shit on the market.

And there is comming even more. So it is getting more difficult to buy good stuff for consumers.

These days many shops are only interested in making the most money. The quality is less important.

I understand the talks about the madness in the world of cables very good.

There is a reason how it is created. This needs to stop.
Audio is losing his credibility every year a little more.

Reasons?

- a lot average and poor quality stuff
- shops do nothing on investing in research of new audio
- focus on the products who give the highest margin instead
of the best quality.
- keep on focussing on the same why as in the past.
- not enough knowledge about the products they sell.

In the 16 years of time I am working in sound and vision
I see that the quality is getting lower ervery year.

Many good stuff is sold a lot less based on selling stuff on political choices.

Many shows only use stuff chosen on political choices. They should look further and work more togheter. To achive a higher level in sound at shows for the people who love good audio.
These days I do tests and give shows for manufacturers. I am surprised how low the level in knowdledge is about the products they sell.

They only focus on selling as much as possible. There is not a lot of focus on the products itself.
I have said it many times here on Audiogon audio needs to be more transparent. It needs to change to get a better quality to consumers in general.

I know a few writers in audio. They got a lot of stuff for free. So these articles are worth nothing. It is not objective anymore.

There are still good cables on the markt ( also in the expensive price ranges) but there are a lot more average or worse. This is the thing I hate most in the 16 years of time I am in this business.

It got my attention when I visited different people with highend sets. I was really surprised about the low level in the endresult of sound many had. There are many things what goes wrong. It is caused by 2 important reasons. Many people who have audio as a hobby want to do things by themselves. They don't know often the different properties of the stuff they own. On the other hand I see a lot of mismatch in components and cables. This is also caused by the low level in knowledge of the people who work in this business.
Internet has changed it a lot, but not in a better endresult for the consumers. People do not have there favorite shop anymore. They go to different places as well. And they buy things on the internet as well.

The level of mismatch is getting bigger. I can see it on the websites were people show there sets. Often I have to laugh and see that people don't know what they are doing.

They will constandly change there set and keep on tweaking. Often they are not satisfied at the end.

And this has a reason......
That is very easy to explain. Since I started working in this business I started to test. So I learned the differences between many different amps, sources, cables and speakers etc. After time you can give these tools the different properties they own.

These different properties have effect on the overwhole sound. Togheter they create the image, how much depth, wide, resolution, sound realism ( you want all the colours of an instrument as in real), level of blacks and how big instruments and voices are and there level of papable image ( as I told many times instruments and voices are extreme small in dimension and easy to point out. I learned it during classical acoustic concerts. So you want a realistic sense of scale in your set).

Audio is all about making the perfect combination of tools . ( amps, sources, conditioners, cables and speakers togheter). This is what I call the art of sound.

Last year I became aware how much higher level in endresult I can create to all other distributers on the show. There were far over 50 rooms with audio sets. I was called the absolute sound of the show. Why? Because I created what I call total sound. The blueprint of the absolute sound. This creates a very convincing overwhole sound.

I want all parts which need to be there for the absolute sound in every system. This makes it more complete and convincing.

Many of the other sets were incomplete. I have done many blind test for clients. As you know I only focus on 3 dimensional sound. For every single person it is very easy to understand the big difference between 2 and 3 dimensional sound.

When you are not aware of the exact properties of every single tool you use in your set, It is a lot more difficult to understand what you are doing.

I am Always looking for properties. I Judge every single part for the properties they can give. I don't sell a brand or box. I sell my sound, what I call Total sound.

The main focus is on the quality and level a tool can give to me. It is a different approach. But is extreme effective. It is a very addictive sound were you want to listen for hours at one time. This is what people want. A sound to die for!
I have to admit that without Audyssey Pro I never would achieved the level I had. I was not the only one with roomacoustic systems. Other with roomacoustic systems used 2 dimensional products. It is always easy to win from every single 2 dimensional presentation.

Many people who work in this business still sell most of the time 2 dimensional sound. This is caused by the lack of knowdledge and skills.

On the dealer day many people who owned an audio shop came to me to ask how it is possible to achieve this. They were impressed by the authority and high level of a 3 dimensional physical image. I thought; what the f.. are they doing in all the years they are in this business. You have to keep on improving your knowledge and skills all the time. Time and technique goes on. So You need to improve!
I also played 5.1 on the show. I was the only person who played Multi channel. I am a big music lover. I own more than 100 music blu rays. I also used 2 blu rays with the space shuttle. They are so impressive in sound and image. 24 bit 96 kHz sound on blu ray is also great.

I own far over 1000 cd's. These days I use the Olive 06HD. I do not use a cd player anymore. I owend the Meridian 800 for 11 years. I got in 2005 a brand new Meridian 800 DAX V4 from Meridian. I knewe a few people very well, they arranged it for me. At shows you need to use music people really like instead of bling plong music.

At the show many people asked me about titles of the music I use. Music is my biggest hobby in life. At shows music is very important to give a convincing demo.

I played with the Monitor Audio Platinum series. Pl-200 for front. The Pl-200 is superior in timing, natural sound, stage depth and wide and physical image compared to the Pl-300. This has to do with the crossovers. I owned the Pl-300 for a couple of years. The Pl-200 is in combination with the PLW-15 superior to the Pl-300 with the PLW-15. I used the Pl-100 as surround speakers. The PLW-15 has one of the fastest response and timing of subwoofers. Many people said why you do not use the PLW-15? I laughed and said: Do you think the PL-200 goes this deep? I played Kratwerk. But he said: but I do not hear a subwoofer. So I said to him; this is stealth integration. He said what.....For many people a 3 dimensional physical sound is new.

The amps I used: Pass Labs X250.5/ Primare A30.5 mk2 ( I use 2 channels for the centre speaker ( Monitor Audio PLC-150) and 2 for the surround speakers.

I used 4 Purist Audio Limited Edition powercables with Oyaide F1/P1.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1393248599&openmine&zzBo1972&4&5#Bo1972

Audioquest Redwood 2013 improved version Loudspeakercable.
Pl-200 I use Bi-wire and for the PlC-150 I use Bi-amp version.

Inerconnects: Apacella pure silver XLR, Audioquest SKY rca.
Audioquest sub-3. A few Audioquest Diamond hdmi cables.

And I use a Powersource+ conditioner what is superior to conditioners of PS Audio and Shunyata.A very musical reaslistic overwhole sound, increase of drive and dynamics. You even can connect a Purist Audio Limited to it. It has a very big possitive influence on the sharpness and physical apperance of instruments and voices.

http://www.kempelektroniks.nl/FilesContent/menu/menu000201/pdf_ps_power_source_en_plus__eng__logo_scherpe_foto.pdf

The Monitor Audio Platinum can play at extreme volumes. For example the spl of the PL-200 is 118 db. With the subwoofer tha same story. Thgey can give a very wide and deep stage. I play also 2 metres beside the speakers and 4-5 metres behind the speakers. The ribbon tweeter of the Platinum series can even play in front of you. This makes the stage huge. But now comes the clu. I have created an extreme small and physical individual focus of instruments and voices in the wide and deep stage. In this part most people fail. The Purist Audio and top cables from Audioquest can give a stunning level of blacks togheter. Pass Audio is able to create a wide and deep stage. But the weakest point is the individual focus within the wide and deep stage. That is why I needed cables who can give me a small and realistic proportion of instruments and voices.

I owned the XP-20 for 2 years. It was a nice pre amp, but I missed a few things. With the Onkyo PR-SC5509 with my way of Aydyssey Pro I can smash the XP-20 in every aspect. With my way of Pro I can create more dynamic and more speed. The biggest difference between the XP-20 and 5509 with my measurement is a much sharper and physical focus of instruments and voices. Like 2nd and 3th voices become a lot more apparent and clear. And you do not have acoustic problems anymore. I even can let people hear the timbre of a voice. The same thing about the articulation of a voice. I can let people hear all the word endings like sss, ttt th, breathing of singers and moving lips during singing. With the XP-20 you can't achive this accuracy.

The extra authority in sound gets ride of the acoustic problems. I can play extrem loud asnd the low freq. ( 16Hz) playe without any acoustic problem. All other demos had a lot of acoustic problems. With Audyseey Pro I can create a united sound with all the speakers and subwoofer togheter what I never heard. It is the perfect balnce between all the loudspeakers. When I listen to surround without Audyssey Pro I get irritated very quick. I hear all the different limitations. I hate every single kind of limitation in sound. As a perfectionist there is no room for error. It is a no go!

I played about 70% stereo and 30% multi channel.

I use very expensive cables as you can see. They are essential parts to get this high level of sound.

On monday I went with my own music to listen to the other sets of the show for some hours. I was surprised about all the different flaws. But also that often the overwhole sound is incomplete.

There was one set I liked: This was with Zanden equipment and the Magico S1 with Kubala cables. But when I played a few numbers which i also used a lot on my set I noticed that I had superior articulation of voices. I had a big smile and thought mmmmmm I miss information. The physical apperance of instruments and voices of my set were a lot sharper and clear compared to the Zanden set with the Magico S1. The response in the low freq. the Pl-200 is a lot faster compared to the S1. Other Magico speakers have also a much better response.

Now more than one year later I am a lot further than I was at that time. Because I still test and keep on improving. As a perfectionist you never stop. It goes on and on. I love to test amnd compare. This makes you understand audio so much better. Without it I never could achieve the level in sound I can create now. It is all about using the right properties togheter.
In the US there are a lot of different brands. In Europe we don't have all these brands. This means many small companies try to make a good product. I have tested cables from small companies in my country. Often they were ok, but never exeptional.

I Always recommend to try different cables in every set.
That is why I want audio to become more open and honest.

I focus on it and I will go on. The main reason is that in 16 years of time I saw too many people with average or even poor sound. Caused by the reasons I already told.

It is time to change it make it more clear for all music lovers. They have the rights to get a better quality in the endresult of there system.
I think it is the truth you are saying, These days I also talk a lot about these things with distributers. I hear there difficulties.

Individuality creates problems and limitations. Personal agendas creates limitations for an honest advise to consumers.The same thing when shops focus on those products which give the most money. I call it colouration.

In my country the better products do not get the attention as they got in the past. Unknown and often new products are more important. Because shops buy them directly from the factory. Often these products are by far not the best in there price range.

This is bad advertising for audio in general. At the end customers get less quality for there money. And they also do not get a honest advise.

I do it the opposite way. Those people who do it as I told earlier don't like me.

And that is why it feels like a battle. That is alright with me. What I said many times; the best and most convincing sound will win. To be honest they even make it more easy for me. Because it is easier to compete.

That does not mean that I want it to stay like this. It would be better for all when the quality people get becomes better. Audio needs more positive advertising.
Exactly, Audiogonn is a place were every single person can have his own opinion. We all have different idea's.

Th focus need to be discussion's about the threads.

Let's talk about those who have expensive cables and what make them special or even not. Because the thoughts of people here on Audiogon is more realistic.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1365764680&openmine&zzBo1972&4&5#Bo1972

It is my view of this cable.
I owned the Valhalla loudspeakercable for 12 years of time. When the Odin came out I had a chnage to compare it with my own music with the Valhallla.

Odin had more authoritity, drive, decay and a more 'natural'invloving sound than the Valhalla. It cost a lot more.

I still think Nordost is imcomplete when you Judge a cable for all different parts there shouls be for the absolute sound.
I sold Nordost for over 9 years of time. I sold a lot of Valhalla in the past as well.

The limitations are involvement in the mid freq. Not an intimate realistic proportion of instruments and voices.

Other brands also can give a wider and deeper stage.
I sold and used Nordost my way. Like I do many things differently.

But for a reason. As a perfectionist it need to be perfect, or it is a no go.

I hate every single limitation. So what you do is you try to solve them. You add properties it does not own to make it complete.

So I used Kimber interconnects to change some limitations.

When I used Kimber interconnects the stage became wider and deeper. But I also got a much sharper individual focus of instruments and voices. And a much more open and involving mid freq.

And as you know; hearing is believing. In blind test all people choose for then Nordost/Kimber combo instead of full Nordost combo.

During discussions about this with the Nordost people they got irritated. Because they are f... blind ( deaf) and believe in there f....bullshit synergy story.

The prevered sound is what counts. There stories are worth nothing!
Sorry about my mistakes in writing.

Believe me with brands like Audioquest and Purist Audio the individual focus ( imaging) is superior because the instruments and voices are smaller in proportion. Beside this the black level is better. You get a higher physical and palpable image.

It is all about differences. I focus on those who are the best. They become the refference. When levels in black and imaging is less good for me it is inferior.

Then they don't bother to me any more.
I owned the Diamond+ pure silver loudspeaker cable from 1999-2000. After this I bought the Nordost Valhalla. And I kept it for 12 years of time.

I sold Audioquest from 1998-2004. After that it went of the radar. I had to wait for some Kimber slect cables and I lend some Audioquest interconnects in 2010. When the Kimber came I realized that Audioquest made a big step.

After this I sold the Kimber select cables in one week of time. And started to buy and sell Audioquest again.

These days it is by far the most important brand in cables for me. Because it gives me the best results. Only those really counts!!
"Taking the fact that wires can only dictate 1% of overall system performance "

were can I read these facts. In my opinion facts are what you hear. That is why I love blind tests.

In the past I did many with amps and sources. In the past I Always compared a more expensive amp or source with a cheap powercable and a source or amp often half of the price of the other amp or source with a very expensive powercable. I Always used about the same value togheter.

Many people Always thought they would choose for the more expensive poweramp or source. In almost all situations it was the opposite. It is about the sound what you hear.

I sell by comparing. I create a 3 d sound and an extreme physical stage. I can send all clients to every single shop. In almost all situations they sell 2D sound. There lack of knowledge and insight in sound is what it makes so easy for me.

Many people in this business do not invest time in getting familiar with new stuff and improving their knowledge.
Audio is not about brands. Audio is all about creating the best and most convincing sound.

I give you an example. When I was at my friends house in his small concertroom, I was stunned about the intimate sound of an voice. It felt like a magnet. It got my full attention. Small and intimate individual focus is a very important part in the emotion music can give. That is why instruments and voices out of proportion are less involving. This is a very important part for realistic sound. I put a lot of afford to create this in every single system.

When a system goes deeper there is more information and low freq. have a big influence on our emotion. This is what I use for what I call Total sound.

A 3 d sound sets all instruments and voices physically loose from eachtoher. This is also a very important part to make music more realistic and involving.

A higher black level make your speakers more dissapear. This also creates a more involving sound.

Sound realism is maybe the most important part in audio regarding emotion. A violin and cello can give a very involving emotional sound in real. So you want an instrument to sound as realistic possible.

I prefer Pass Labs because their class A give a very realistic sound. But in drive and speed it is more complete than many tube amps. That is why I personally find it more complete than most tube amps.

All parts togheter creates an involving sound what you want to listen for many hours a day with your beloved music.

It is my focus to give clients an endresult in sound were they want to listen for hours a day.

In 16 years of time I know that a lot more people have sets which are incomplete and often they are not satisfied.

This needs to change. That is why a more open and transparent advise in audio is a pre.

The quality needs to get higher to give people more satisfaction in music. It is that simple!
Music is the essential part of audio. Without music there is no audio. I even think many people who love audio forget this!
Audio is only about a luxury you don't really need. But......music played on a good set can give you an emotional feeling what can be priceless.

It is a good thing to mention that there are more important things in life. I have the dream to start a foundation.

Every person who buys sound&vision equipment from me a part of their spending go to this foundation. I will professional film it and make photographs so people can see what I do with the money.

We want to start with the poverty in my own country. Because this is a problem what is increasing.

For me audio is a way to achieve my main goal in life.
hahahahahahahahahaha.......I will come to the US as Santa.

I will give all audio addicted people free Purist Audio powercabels!
I can sell audio without having anything. I can give a few examples.

When the Valhalla powercable came out, it was special for some time. Many I did sell just on the Phone. Because I can describe it very precise. Then people want it. My words are exactly what it will bring in sound. Because for a perfectionist it need to be like this. There is no room for error and no room for lies. I want audio to become open and honest as possible.

I want to raise the bar in general. It is not about me, I hope other people in this business will also give a better endresult.

I am here just for fun. I am curious about the reactions. Not every person like my direct approach. But that is alright. Don't forget here it are just words. In sound I am a lot better than in words.

I sell a 3 dimensional physical image. It is my personal view of how the absolute sound should be. My focus was and is on creating a 3 dimensional physical image for less money than what you need for highend. Other shops are not able to create the same level in endresult. Often they don't even come close. Don't forget I do this since I was 6. It never will be work for me. It is a second nature. A part of who I am as a person. I am now 41 years old, I don;t think there are a lot of people who spend so much time on anudio and music. I never had collegues with the same level of drive and dedication.

In my country ther are also people who do'n't like me. This has to do that they are aware of the fact thay my knowledge is so much better. At shows I can beat every single person with ease. Perfection is based on winning. I do shows because I want to be the best. The main reason is based on the irritation of all those fools in audio and the shit there is on the market. I really hate lying. As a perfectionist it needs to be the best, there is no second best.

I buy the brands I love. I do consulting in sound and vision. I don't have a demo room. I use my own room. And I have many demo rooms in my country. All my clients are prepared to let me use there sets. Why? Because they know I would do everything for them. They do the same for me.

What I said earlier; I use audio to achieve my main goal in life. I want to start a foudation. It is fot those who have no chance for a human life. And for those who cannot create chnaces for a better life.

In my world this is the highest thing I can achieve. As a perfectionist you go for this. For a long time I thought it is not possible to create it. In a short time I earn a lot of money with soudn and vision.

This money I want to use for my foundation. I give people the best quality in sound and vision and they also support those who have nothing.

I swimm against the stream, it is normal that people don't like it. I am different, I don't say better. I want the freedom to do it my way. And if other people think they can create a higher level......just show it. You have the same chances that I have.

I want to create chances for people who can't create them. And again it is not about me. I hope other people will do it the same way. Because with eachother we can create a better world for us all. People need to look further!

I have a lot of happy clients. I have a much more personal contact with my clients than I had when I worked in an audio shop. Consulting has a big advantage that I have more time for my clients in general.

I like speed, so when clients call me to aks me things. I will directly find the answer on the question. And call them back. I call it: Bobby Speed.

My clients can call me every single day from 11-2 o'clock. I live at different times.I am my own boss,so I do it my way.
I can sell audio without having anything. I can give a few examples.

When the Valhalla powercable came out, it was special for some time. Many I did sell just on the Phone. Because I can describe it very precise. Then people want it. My words are exactly what it will bring in sound. Because for a perfectionist it need to be like this. There is no room for error and no room for lies. I want audio to become open and honest as possible.

I want to raise the bar in general. It is not about me, I hope other people in this business will also give a better endresult.

I am here just for fun. I am curious about the reactions. Not every person like my direct approach. But that is alright. Don't forget here it are just words. In sound I am a lot better than in words.

I sell a 3 dimensional physical image. It is my personal view of how the absolute sound should be. My focus was and is on creating a 3 dimensional physical image for less money than what you need for highend. Other shops are not able to create the same level in endresult. Often they don't even come close. Don't forget I do this since I was 6. It never will be work for me. It is like a second nature. A part of who I am as a person. I am now 41 years old, I don't think there are a lot of people who spend so much time on audio and music. I never had collegues with the same level of drive and dedication.

In my country there are also people who don't like me. This has to do that they are aware of the fact thay my knowledge is so much better. At shows I can beat every single person with ease. Perfection is based on winning. I do shows because I want to be the best. The main reason is based on the irritation of all those fools in audio and the shit there is on the market. I really hate lying. As a perfectionist it needs to be the best, there is no second best.

I buy the brands I love. I do consulting in sound and vision. I don't have a demo room. I use my own room. And I have many demo rooms in my country. All my clients are prepared to let me use there sets. Why? Because they know I would do everything for them. They do the same for me.

What I said earlier; I use audio to achieve my main goal in life. I want to start a foudation. It is fot those who have no chance for a human life. And for those who cannot create chnaces for a better life.

In my world this is the highest thing I can achieve. As a perfectionist you go for this. For a long time I thought it is not possible to create it. In a short time I earn a lot of money with soudn and vision.

This money I want to use for my foundation. I give people the best quality in sound and vision and they also support those who have nothing.

I swimm against the stream, it is normal that people don't like it. I am different, I don't say better. I want the freedom to do it my way. And if other people think they can create a higher level......just show it. You have the same chances that I have.

I want to create chances for people who can't create them. And again it is not about me. I hope other people will do it the same way. Because with eachother we can create a better world for us all. People need to look further!

I have a lot of happy clients. I have a much more personal contact with my clients than I had when I worked in an audio shop. Consulting has a big advantage that I have more time for my clients in general.

I like speed, so when clients call me to aks me things. I will directly find the answer on the question. And call them back. I call it: Bobby Speed.

My clients can call me every single day from 11-2 o'clock. I live at different times.I am my own boss,so I do it my way.
I really like people correcting my average english writing. When I read it I remember it from school long time ago. The word overwhole I use a lot, so thanks for the right words!

It is not about the amount. I try to make people understand that cables have a big influence on the overwhole sound. The focus needs to be on the endresult.

I often ask my clients how much they would like to spend? It is my goal Always to create the best endresult for that money. Because I would want it the same way.

It would be great to use different sets on shows which cost all the same. Behind the curtains in a blind test.

In my country many people in audio are extreme egoists, they want to do everything by themselves. This is one of the biggest limitations in the world of Audio.

So and then you have me, swimming against the stream. And doing it totally different. With cables I have my own way of using them.

I love stunning cables, most of the time they are not cheap.
They can bring me to a much higher level in audio.

Here on Audiogon there are many sceptical people regarding expensive cables. I understand them.

The reason why they are sceptical is caused by the far over 95% of all the bullshit stuff there is on the audio market.

I hate it so much, that at shows I can crush people who demo it. I will ask them questions and will tell them based on facts why it is rubbish. Often they don't know what to say. I want these people out of this business. Same thing about the shit they sell.

And no you can't stop me, because I am on a mission. So F....
I my country the most common mistake people in audio make is spending a lot of money on speakers compared to the rest of their set.

What I did 10 years ago during a audio show was using speakers of just 1000 dollar and I used an integrated amp of 7000 dollar. I had a stunning endresult. ( what counts most)

I told people the importance of an amp and that many people spend less money on amps.

There is a reason why people people spend easilly a lot of money on speakers compared to how much they spend on amps and cables.

This was a reason why I started to use blind tests in the past. Because audio works best by convincing people.

Still many make this mistake. So I bring in cables and amps to open their eyes ( ears)
Spending money on shit is very easy in audio. Same thing about spending a lot of money on getting an average or low quality.

Audio is all about the right balance in a system. In most systems the balance is far from perfect.

This is based on:

- Using tools which togheter are not the right combination.

- missing essentail parts which need to be there.

- Not able to get a decent level out of the speakers caused
by a too low level in amps, source and cables.

* For me it is a constant repeating of the same limitations.
I am not a reviewer. I am a person from the Netherlands who does consulting in sound and vision.

It is as it is. When people tell lies about me. They react only from egoistic thoughts. This is the main reason in failing as a human being.

There Always will be people who will react negative. At shows and in my work I beat these people with sound. That is how I can make them keep there mouth shut.

Because the best sound Always will win, and that is how I work! So keep it simple.
That is why audio need to become more open and honest. Shops and shows need to be more precise in what they do and what they use.

Audio is about comparing. The problem is that every single brand is showing often just only their products. One of the other things I often got really annoyed it reading tests about stuff I know what is very average or even poor what is getting very good reviews.

When you pay money or you give a tool to a magazine you get a good and nice review. It has become all about money. This lowers and limits the realistic perception for customers.

I only give other people options. Options are about freedom. I say; listen to this.....

When audio becomes more open and honest more people will buy it and the quality will raise. This is what I want.

I want the shit out of the audio market. Because this is the scam part in audio. The other part is not giving a honest advise. Often it is based on how much money they can earn.

I send my clients to other shops because I want them to get different chnaces. They have the same opportunities as I have. So use them wise. This is all I can say.

This thread is about expensive cables. I can garantee you that there are some which are worth there money. But....there are a lot more that are not worth their money. I see this as a problem.

I understand that some people don't like me. I ask them at shows just honest question's. There need to be more communication.

Every single brand is protecting their territory. Shops do the same thing. I call it shallow thinking. People have to learn to look further in general. In audio there is this need as well.

In the last years I see that audio has getting it more difficult caused by the econmic crisis. But the reactions of those who work in audio is making it even more worse instead of making it better.

The focus is not on giving the best quality, but on how I can get the best most money. I see it and it lowers the endresults. It is short time thinking. Why? Do you really think a client will buy again at you? After time you will not be satisfied, so he won't come back.

I am here to give thoughts to people! When you can proof I am wrong, be my guest and proof it!
You can listen with your own ears to these expensive cables. So you can Judge for yourself if they are worth it yes or no.

Comparing makes audio more clear and open. With this information you can make your own decision.

In my opinion over 95% of everything what is produced in audio is not worth the money. Those who sell these products which are not worth it make audio in general unreliable.

That is the main reason why we react so differently on this thread.
In the past I sold many Valhalla powercables only about telling what they do. On the Phone without listening many bought them.

They knew what I said is what it gives. It is about thrust and believe. Many phoned me back to say how happy they were
with the cable. And that it gave them what I said.

When you only choose the best cables it is easier to compete against other shops. It is extreme effective. Audio ia about creating a better endresult than another competitors. For me this it the most fun part.

When I do a show I want to be the best. You work more precise and it works.

I am 16 years working in this world. In the last year it goes faster than ever. Because I have convinced many people ( also in this business) that I can create a much higher level in endresult.

Because I put a lot of time in testing many stuff and new systems. Many people are sitting on their fatttt ass. In audio you have many fat people. It says a lot!

You need to focus on all new things in audio all the time!
In the Netherlands sets above 50.000 dollar are often owned by people with a mid or even lower income. I had a few miljonairs, but they do not spend so much money on audio like a person who is seeing it as his hobby.

Maybe in the US it is different....

These days you can buy a much higher endresult in sound compared to let's say 5 years ago for less money.

I see this as a very positive thing. I use it, but many don't use it at all!
There is one thing in Audio for sure: expensive audio does not garantee you a stunning endresult. You can spend a lot of money on audio but at the end it is not that impressive.

From 2005-2007 I did visit many people with expensive sets. They had one thing in common; the endresult was often not that good.

Is there a reason for why it is not that good? Yesss there is. Many people who have audio as a hobby think they know a lot about audio. But in real they don't.

When you do not know the properties of every single part in your system, you don't understand how the stage and overwhole sound is created.

Often all the different properties togheter are incomplete or do not match. For me it is clear why it won't work. Often they don't understand why.

They tweak often with cables. But when the speakers with the amp and source are incomplete or do not match it is difficult to achieve a good endresult.

People will come in what I call a circle. Then audio is not that fun anymore. They change parts all the time but cannot get a sound what they hope for.

When people spend more money audio get's even more difficult. Because your demands are getting higher.

Audio is all about the art of sound. Making the right combinations. This is based on using the right properties togheter of all the different tools you have in your set.
When I visit a client I know in a few seconds with my own music what is missing and what is there.

I can listen to all different parts which needs to be there for what I call Total Sound in a few seconds.

Here on Audiogon it are words. As I said many times; I am a lot better in sound than in words. I only make remarks when I am 100% sure that it is as I wrote it.

As a perfectionist it needs to be exactly as what I said. Because there is no room for error.

The biggest difference is that my focus is Always on the endresult. To all those who buy just one tool from me I want to know the sound they have at home. I try to visit as may clients as possible.

I did hear a lot, but you never can hear everything. But what I do in these situations is that I try to make myself known with the properties of the different tools.

Audio for me it about properties. Because this gives by far the best endresults.

When you create all the parts for Total sound you get a addictive overwhole sound. That is what I do. I can send clients to all other shops because it is Always less convincing and often less complete.

Many clients ask how come that my sound is so much more entertaining and addictive to listen at?

It is very easy to answer; It is more complete. Because the parts I put into a system all have a positive influence on our emotion. That is why I let people listen between 2 and 3 dimensional sound. This difference is huge. That is why I send clients to other shops all the time. In above 90% they sell 2 dimensional sound.

They make it easy to compete. It is a lot more than only the 3 dimensional sound. All the other parts are also important. Because you listen to all parts togheter including the acoustics.

When you have my knowledge and insight you can adapt a lot quicker than other people can. This gets you to a higher endresult all the time.

When I am at a show within 10 seconds with my own music I can describe exactley what is missing regarding to all parts for Total sound.

This is what I do, I explain what is missing. Also to my clients. After this I put in those properties which are missing. For me it is that easy!
I often talk about a realistic proportion of instruments and voices, or intimate sound. I give you an example; The new Pass Labs poweramps .8 series are according to the people of Pass Labs giving a better sense of space and depth are greater, the layer of instruments and placement is much better and locked in space. Vocals have more body and substance. And, the bass goes deeper and is tighter.

They paid attention to achieve a more physical image as well. This also can be achieved with cables. When you listen to a system with a stunning black level and physical intimate image you know in a few seconds that it is different and that it comes closer to you.

This is a very important part to create more emotion during listening. The same thing can be said about how much information you hear from your system. When it goes deeper you wil feel the difference in what it does to your emotion. When I put of my subwoofer, people are stunned about the difference in emotion. You go back to a lower level of exitement and pleasure.

When you have a wide and deep stage and instruments become all physical apparent it does a lot to your emotion.

The overall sound are all the parts togheter. It is quite easy to explain what is missing. I invite a lot of people at my home. This makes it very easy to explain.

Many of my clients have the same kind of 3 dimensional physical image. At the end you Always can hear my sound back. Because I work exactly the same way all the time.

It is easy to hear how deep and wide a stage is. You can hear how deep a system goes in the low frew. And you can hear how good the level in blacks are. Instruments and voices can become what I call round. They go from 2 dimensional to 3 dimensional. Often voices and instruments are rather flatt. You also can hear how much resolution and decay there is a set. Same about the flavors in the mid freq. Control and timing are also not difficult to Judge.

When you do this for a long period of time and have done it over and over again you hear and understand patterns.

When I talk about a convincing sound I mean that every single person understands quite easy what it makes nice and addictive to listen at. I know this because I like to ask people with totally no knowlegde in audio what they think.

This information is very important. I Always want women to listen to it as well. Wenn they come along with there partner. In general women have a better developed hearing. So I use it. In the past I Always had about 300 cd's with me. I asked them what they would like to listen.
Sorry Roxy about the mistake. It is Overall. I often write very fast and normally I do not read it back!!
Cables is all about comparing. Finding the best for the money.

Slisssstech cabels is also a brand what it easy to win in a-b comparison against other shops.

Harmonic same story.......

But Mogami cables even loose from the Audioquest cables in the low price range.

Hearing is believing....just compare....it is easier than you think.....
We have it here as well. Only a few shop have it. In the lower price ranges I also sell Audioquest. Giving very good results. First we used Inakustik a lot in the lower price range. But after comparing we also started to sell Audioquest in this price range.

Audioquest has all properties in one cables I need for my 3 dimensional physical image.
In the US there are brand we don't have overhere. I am only familiar with your cd player. Difficult to say. Depends about the properties of the stuff you own.

And what you would like to change compared to the sound you have now?

I tested your cd player. it is a 2 dimensional player. It did not build depth at all. I sold this one. To be honest I would not do it again. I saw it as a big mistake in 2008 that I started to sell NAD again.

I do not know the properties of your speaker and amp.
Yessss Shunyata is giving a much too big image in general. At a show they played a number I know well. The voice was over 3 metres big. At those moments I thick.....go F.... yourself. And yesss again it was with Shunyata. This has nothing to do with a realistic image. Only people who do not know a lot of recordings are able to buy it.

Audioquest has it all. It is very dynamic, very fast, blacks are one of the best there is. And instruments and voices are intimate just like in real. This is how I want them. The extra resolution and stunning blacks make them become physical.

The better silver cables from Audioquest even make the stage wider and deeper. More decay. Also instruments and voices become even more physical as in real. The best interconnects Audioquest makes even give you the difference in Heights in a record.

When you compare a MIT cable of the same price you are amazed of how much lower the endresults are. A lot less decay and resolution. You go back to copper. It is a lot less physical and intimate as well. Difference in Heights are much too difficult for a MIT to bring to you.

It depends about how much you want to spend....

* I would not use the NAD anymore to be honest. I would get ride of it directly. I see it as a weaker point compared to the rest. Even if you only use it as a transport.
When you read through the different answers on this thread you see that many have their doubts about expensive cables and audio in general.

I understand and their sceptical thoughts are right. What I said earlier; in my personal opinion above 90% ( or even95%)
about every single tool in audio is not worth the money.

What needs to change is that there comes more open and honest information about products in audio for consumers.

The overwhelming amount of audio on the market makes it more difficult to get a good endresult.

The focus need to be on quality and not on the overwhelming amount of shit there is on the market!
There is a main reason why people react so differently to this thread. It is not about who is right. Why do we see it so differently?

Instead of defending our personal thoughts we have to focus more on what the reason is for our reactions.

I have said it often here on Audiogon. In all the 16 years I do this work my biggest irritation is the overwhelming part of average and poor quality on the market.

When I worked for over 6 years in a shop we had so much different brands and stuff. I did compare as many as I could. I found out that the differences are too big in endresults. So my question was: why as a consumer I would want these products? And why we sell these products?

It was not my shop. I already had my thoughts and doubts. At shows the differences are big as well. Here it is a combination of low quality stuff and the wrong combination caused by the wrong properties togheter.

From 2005 till 2007 I did visit many sets from about 12000 dollar till 180.000 dollar. I saw how easy it is to get a average or even low endresult by even spending a lot of money on audio. These situations and thoughts from the past did change my way of thinking about audio a lot.

I did run a speciality shop from 2007 till 2009. I had a lot of freedom and I could choose what I want. Here the difference between 2 and 3 dimensional sound was to big for me. The question I asked myself: why you want a 2 dimensional stage if you can get a 3 dimensional stage for the same money. I started to focus on less brands.

I Always want people to have the freedom to choose. Because I want this freedom myself. So I started to explain what 3 dimensional sound is. After letting people hear a 3 dimensional stage, I saw how exited people became. When people have the money they all choose for a 3 dimensional sound.

These days it is a lot easier to create a 3 dimensional stage for a lot less money than in the past. This is a good thing in audio. But.....most of the shops still sell 2 dimensional sound. But not only 2 dimensional sound. Their products often are not that special. Now that I am my own boss I could not sell these products to my personal clients anymore. Because I want them to get a better endresult.

Prices in cables are based for a part on the material but also because a brand wants a cable in a certain price level.

Silver is more expensive to buy for a cable brand compared to copper. The extreme prices some brands ask for copper cables I don't understand.

Don't forget that cabels above 10.000 dollar are not ones which will be sold a lot. This makes it more expensive to produce them in smaller quantities.

In all the years I test I have seen that in the world of cables there are not a lot of what I think give a stunning endresult. This can be said also about; amps, sources, speakers, conditioners etc.

Many audiomagazines are paid by advertisments. So I understand that they can't be negative about the brands who advertise in their magazines. But the question is: is it honest and objective? No.....I don't think so. I don't like this either.

And now the question: what can 'stunning' expensive cables bring extra to a set? First of all it depends about the quality of the stuff you own. When the properties fit the tools ( equipment) you own it can do things a more expensive amp can't give to you with less expensive cables.

I give a few examples: Some cable brands give a stunning black level. Blacks are the space between voices and instruments with their acoustic information when they were recorded. Better blacks give you a more physical touchable image of the instruments and voices. Even when I used more expensive amps I could not achive it. Cables are very important in this part.

I love the best silver cables on the market over the more expensive copper cables. Why? Very simple to explain; they give me more resolution, more decay, a wider and deeper stage, more air around instruments and voices, a better individual focus, often a smaller and more intimate image. The best ones also let you hear the differences in Heights of instruments and voices during a recording. These things can't be achieved so easily with more expnsive amps or sources.

Are they worth it? When they can give you a better endresult than an upgrade with a more expensive amp or source they are. Because the endresults counts and matters most.

Even when prices are high, the endresults counts most. Comparing gives consumers freedom to choose.

* there is still a long way to go to make audio more open and honest. But this is the most important part to survive in the long term!
If I were you I would make my own cables.

Czarivey Technology. You will become rich :)