Review: Studio Accoustics Hyperion 938 Speaker

Category: Speakers

Coming back from the CES, these Puppy replacements followed me home.
I have all sorts of music: chamber, choral, opera, orchestral, folk, jazz, rock and strange stuff. So without a strong spot, I do not want any weak ones. I use my radio tuner and 78's 33's CD, SACD and DVD a and v.
I used Sinatra, the Voice and Come Fly with Me (lp); The Anonymous 4, Love's Illusion; Gorecki's Symphony No.3, Creedence's Willy (lp); The Commitments. Many others but you get the idea.
I wanted full range that sounds good cranked and at low level. I like sound staging and inaging, but not to an exclusion.The worst thing a speaker can do is sound impressive and then turn tiresome.
Coming hot off the show, I must say that I have done only thirty hours at home. But that must say something about staying power. Important reflection is that I was putting them through their paces, which means a cut at a time. The nice thing was that, as often as not, I let it play on.
The Hyperion replaces my Wilsons. I had upgraded as recently as 1999. Then came the news that I could never again. I could not choke down the new price.
My sound changed by having a faster attack than I had ever heard. This is new stuff from the driver. I get more detail and clarity instead of smear. It is not so fussy as the bass vents to the front. The price is miraculous!

Associated gear
VTL 150

Similar products
Wilson Watt/Puppy
aceto
Hyperion 938 is uncomparable with Wilson Watt/Puppy7. This is a good speaker but the sound is far from excelent speakers as Dynaudio Contour 3.0, Audio Physic Caldera or Watt/Puppy7.
Thank you very much, Aceto.
I have the same feeling this speaker.

We only have one goal -- Beat them all on quality and price!

wuhk