Review: Star Sound Technologies Sistrum 101 & Spo1 & SP004 speaker Stand

Category: Accessories

After trying the brass cones from Starsound, I talked to Robert who seemed to be very knowledgeable about the effects of vibrations on audio systems. He told me that the brass cones were a very good value, and were a starting point for many audiophiles.He then said that the stands from Sistrum would offer a huge improvement over the cones.I was really impressed with the cones and how they improved every aspect of the system, from micro& macro dynamics and soundstaging.
Well I was a little skeptical since a huge improvement is quite a claim compared to what I was hearing from my system. So I took the challenge and tried the Sistrum 101 platform that is the top of the line product from the Starsound line up. If you have ever tried a really good power cord then you know what a fundemental change that it can make in ones system. A fundemental change was achieved with the 101 in under the Wadia 8 transport since refining your source signal is the place to begin if you are going to hear a change. I was stunned at what was revealed by the Sistrum 101 stand in how it gleened information from recordings that simply was not there before!! It made the music sound so alive and real that images took on a huge dimensional quality. Well, I am humbled that a stand could allow music to flow so freely with no harshness or change for the worse. I was so impressed that I bought stands for each component and speakers as well.The speaker stands blew me away with dynamics and allowed them to play louder and more effortlessly than I thought possible!! Every aspect of the sound from the bass to the midrange to the treble improved, giving a smoothness that could only be called more natural.
I am a total beleiver in what the Sistrum stands do for ones system, they are equal to a massive update to every component in ones system.They allow information to be passed at an unsurpassed level that also has changed two of my fellow audiophlies into converts of Sistrum 101's.If you have the bread then go for the stands, but if your on a budget then just try the Audiopoint for a excellent tweak that will change the way one listens to music. Take care and good listening Dennis

Associated gear
Click to view my Virtual System

Similar products
I started with the Audiopoints brass cones under all equipment and speakers. This tightened up the bass as well as improving on the soundstaging as well as microdynamics.
cenline

Showing 1 response by cenline

Well I am glad to see that I am not alone in how I percieved the changes that occured in my system.It seems as though Irish65 and Scotty333 as well as WarrenH are all in agreement about the changes they heard.Thanks guys for confirming that grounding vibrations away from the system can make such a natural musical sound. Take care and good listenig Dennis