Review: Sony DVP-S9000es CD Player

Category: Digital

I've wanted one of these babies for over a year. I've had other Sony ES CD players in the past and found them to be of excellent quality. Finally got my DVP-S9000es on ebay for just over $500 and could not be more pleased. My first listening session was with Diana Krall's concert DVD - Live in Paris. The sound and picture quality are just stunning. I could not hear or see any imperfections. Then I moved on to Mondo Head's KODO SACD disk and got goose bumps when I listenned to track 7 "Daraijin". Clear, clean and very dynamic playback of SACD. On regular CD's this unit does an excellent job. All my CD's sounded just as they did on most of the fine CD players I had used before, including the Meridian 596 and the Sony CDP-X777es.

I like the fact that it plays SACD's in stereo only, as I'm not a big fan of multichannel music (yet).

This unit has lots of charisma, it is very well built and beautiful to look at and does everything you ask it to do very well. The only little complaint is that it does not read CD-R's at all. Aside from that it is one of the best DVD/SACD/CD players available today; and that at a very reasonable price.

Associated gear
Linar 250W/ch power amp, Linar preamplifier-2, Dunlavy SC-III speakers, Nordost Red Dawn and Blue Heaven Cables.

Similar products
Meridian 596
fna

Showing 1 response by vita

hello guy
i wondering,have anyone ever try to combine both output by using
y adapter out of dvp-s9000.Because it seem that the upper
one was more on high freguency,lower was more on low freguency,just curious?