Review: Soliloquy 6.5 Speaker

Category: Speakers

The Soliloquy 6.5 is a wonderful window into what the audio world needs, quality. The more I listen to these speakers the more I like them.

I have been going back and forth between the tube (p2000t)and solid state (p2000b) Marsh preamps, which are amazing in their own right, and the 6.5 is neutral enough to allow all of the character inherent to each preamp speak so clearly. The tweeter and midrange driver are crossed over very nicely. This is the best part for me. The detail in Mark Knopfler's stratocaster and Joni Mitchell's voice was enlightning. I found detail and nuance I hadn't heard before at the $6000-6500 price range.

The bass quality is worthy of note. The deepest basslines and organ tones were reproduced solidly and with a high level of detail.

The Soliloquy 6.5 is definately worth checking out. It represents a great value when considering that it keeps up with the likes of Wilson, Aerial, JM, etc... If you think that last statement was bold.....go hear the 6.5!

Associated gear
Marsh p2000t tube preamplifier,Marsh p2000b preamplifier. Marsh a200 stereo amplifier, Krell DVD standard, Krell KAV cd player, Audioquest cables
128x128stevetyler

Showing 2 responses by boss302

I have the Soliloquy 6.3's, couldn't afford the 6.5 but what a nice speaker. I'm looking to do a speaker cable upgrade from the MIT Terminator 4. I currently biwire with 2 sets. What are you using for speaker cables for the 6.5's. Biwiring them?

Greg
Nighthawk, I've read alot about that cable. Wonderful cable but a little over my price range right now. Good to see that you are biwiring. I had a chance to listen to some PAD Museus shotgun biwire. I've got a lot of listening to do ;-)