Review: Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD CD Player

Category: Digital

I am surprised that there has not been any review of the Tri-Vista yet. I have owned the Tri-Vista for six months, and each day I have found that it sounds rich in musical breadth, transparency, and its soudnstage. I have noticed that when it is first turned on, it takes about 30-45 minutes before the full sound becomes apparent. But once it is warmed up, I cannot say any thing except that I am amazed.

I only listen to classical music, and am amazed how true the brass sounds, regardless of CD or SACD format. In CD playback, I have noticed that the strings sound a little thin, but in SACD playback, I am thorougly impressed with the full "woodiness" of the sound (for lack of a better word). The soundstage is probably most impressive, as you can hear the brass blaring out from behind the strings; the cello is mid-stage right, the bass, far right. It's nearly perfect!

I am currently very content with the Tri-Vista. But let it be known that I have not listened to any other similarly-priced players.
drbond
This new model, are you speaking of the Tri-Vista multi-channel SACD player or something else? If it's the multi-channel, no thanks..it's all yours.
Hey, That's fine with me if they introduce a new model. One doesn't always need to have the newest model, otherwise you would be buying a new car every year. (But I suppose it would be more ideal if we could lease these players though, huh?) But, I think that instead of being upset that MF introduces a new model every year ( which, to me, indicates that they are always seeking to improve their components), one should enjoy listening to the model that he has. And I am certainly enjoying my player.
In my opinion new models every year for a high end company is ridiculus. Technology does not change that much year to year and in my opinion the company is designing in obsolesence. This is especially so if the old model can not be upgraded to the new specs. However, if it is a totally different model such as two channel versus multi-channel then that is a differnt story.