Review: McIntosh MC-275 reissue Tube amp

Category: Amplifiers

1st off I listen to regular cds and lps,mostly medium rock/light to med jazz and female vocalists. I have had the Mac MC 275 about 2 months now and quite simply it is a killer...I use it with Khorns and dynamic speakers (linn Ninkas and B&W bookshelfs) sounds great on all three...to me it is all about tonal balance and being musical...let me define...the more musical the gear is the more you want to listen to Music...period. This amps sings and quite frankly I dont want to turn it off....Most systems will sound bright after hearing this amp...I find it warm but open with a nice sense of sparkle that makes it so engaging even at very low levels. I have used it with Mac C2200,VTL 2.5 and even a Linn Wakonda (solid state) worked well with all three...Just a great amp, not the last word in amps I am sure,maybe not the deepest and tightest bass etc...also not the last word in price either..not by a long shot. Just had so much more to the music than the Audio research VS55,at 3500 it is a true value in hi end audio....well done MAC.

Associated gear
mac mc 2200,VTL 2.5 Linn wakonda/Linn lk100 Vtl ST 85

Similar products
VTL, Audio Research,Bryston,Linn.Naim
Ag insider logo xs@2xsuperhonestben

Showing 1 response by unclejeff

I own the McIntosh 2102 tube amp. Wonderful amp. Oh, McIntosh amps respond well to tube rolling.