Review: Hirakawa VM0113F Power cord

Category: Cables

Budget esoterica magazine
June 2011
supplement issue

Domo arigato Mr. Hirakawa , for building us a power cord that makes are music sound like it ought too. Domo arigato.
Repeat chorus.

This is the supplement issue to the June 2011 issue of budget esoterica review magazine. Today i will be reviewing the Hirakwa vm0113F power cord that i bought for $5.00 online from electronic inventory online. Unfortunately they are no longer available from that source.

The hirakawa power cord comes in a 10 foot length. One end has a high quality hospital grade bryant plug on the end and the other is just a regular plug. Fit and finish is excellent and awe inspiring for such an inexpensive power cord. I will be reviewing the power cord in context with the sony playstation one SCPH-1001 as part of what i would like to call "sony playstation one performance package #1.

The sony playstation performance package consists of three items.;
Hirakawa vm0113F power cord
cryoparts adapter
penn-elcom footers

I reviewed the performance package with my budget esoterica review equipment which is listed on the bottom of the review. I would like to share with you a few music selections to help you get a greater idea of the benefits of this power cord that i recommend for digital use only.

I listened to eric dolphy, outward bound, track six and i heard round sounding horns, very good tone and a solid , forward sounding trumpet. The sound was very clean with good piano weight, clean drums and bass. I noticed a nearly seamless sound. There was a glassy sound with a slight silvery sheen to cymbals, followed by good decay.

I have a cd by the bob smith radio band titled ,"radio face." On the third track i could hear a rich piano and clean triangles that tickle the ear. The pace and timing was very good. The music was smooth with a well defined solid and tight bass. The highs were clean and crisp and i noticed light to moderate depth on this recording.

I recently purchased the men at work , cargo cd and i am kicking myself for not purchasing it when it originally came out. I love the whole cd. The track that caught my attention is titled , "settle down my boy." This is a very fun song that has a thick guitar, tuneful bass, and very good vocal clarity. I noticed a thick and meaty big sound. The sax was round and juicy and had good detail.

My last pick was the cars cd with no title. I'm in touch with your world, has a very clean sound with good vocal tone. The sound affects are smooth and accurate sounding. There is good sound stage width, pristine highs and a natural and clean bass. The sound was basically linear.

Pros

fairly transparent
neutral
punchy bass
increases clarity and clearness
hospital grade ac plug
durable construction
clean sound
better depth
more musical
3 dimensional
pure and forward mid range
blacker background
liquid
long length allows easy placement options

Cons

Lacking a little tonal color

If you can find a hirakawa VM0113F power cord, i highly recommend it for digital use. It lets the music pass through relatively unscathed and i find that to be very delightful for a $5.00 power cord.

Associated gear
Dayton DTA-100 amp
Sony playstation one SCPH-1001
Dayton audio B652 speakers
penn-elcom footers
cryoparts adapter

Similar products
cullen power cord
tara labs power cord
honda6

Showing 1 response by jedinite24

Very nice review. Is the Hirakawa VM0113F Power cord the same as the VM0275 power cord?

Looks like the secret is out. I could not find the Hirakawa power cord you mention for $5 USD anymore. I found it for min $35 + shipping and handling from various sites.